At Choice we are looking for employees to connect the world through the power of hospitality - and we offer support, training and a collaborative workplace atmosphere that makes us a great place to bring together people, brands, and technology that enable success.
That's why here at Choice we're always looking for exceptional people - people who will challenge us, make our team stronger, smarter and more complete. People who know how to roll up their sleeves and tackle the job at hand; who go the extra mile to get the job done - and done well.
Who are we looking for? Maybe it's you.
We are seeking a transformational CEO with experience in driving the growth and performance of the European region, experience in business turnarounds and franchising business models is required. This leader is responsible for establishing the strategic and operational direction for the company’s European region, seeking to advance its corporate mission and objectives. S/he will lead all business and franchising operations for Choice Hotels Europe, including franchise development, corporate sales, marketing, franchise relations and finance. The CEO will have ownership and accountability for the regional P&L as well as for the operational and financial goals of the European business unit. This leader will oversee and support over 430 franchised properties in more than 20 countries.
What you will do…
- Strategic and Operational Direction: This leader, in alignment with corporate, will help set the strategy and operational priorities across the European business unit. Help devise ways to scale operations and allocate investments based on actual or potential returns.
- Value Generation : Plan, develop and implement strategies for the generation of value and revenues for the company. Support the growth of the business through both royalties and platform revenue streams while continually thinking, analyzing and providing proactive insights into the financial implications of various business decisions.
- Cross Functional Leadership and Influence: Collaborative style with strong diplomatic skills. This leader should work well cross-functionally with Corporate and other International teams around the globe.
- Franchise Relations: Build trusted relationships with key partners and franchise owners across the region through operational support and strong personal business relationships that translate to incremental revenue and improved profitability.
- Franchise Services and Procurement: Coordinate services provided to franchisees, ensuring compliance with Choice policies and standards and licensee satisfaction. Delegate the implementation of different training tools provided to licensees and develop platform business revenue streams.
- Development and Management of Hotel Portfolio: Design strategies to help grow the system size in the region. Authorize organic and strategic franchise agreement terms to be negotiated by the Franchise Development team and in line with Corporate guidelines.
- Business Delivery through Marketing and Sales: Analyze the market to determine strategies to position Choice´s brands in the industry and drive business delivery to franchisees. Generate local promotions that increase Choice´s value proposition to guests and licensees. Direct the sales force efforts towards delivery through Choice channels.
- P&L Ownership: Review financial reports and statements to monitor the company´s performance and make necessary adjustments as needed, seeking to achieve financial and operational objectives.
- Team Building and Management: Effectively manage, mentor, develop and motivate direct and indirect reports, creating a collaborative environment of trust and empowerment.
Skills you have…
To be successful, the candidate must be an experienced and enthusiastic executive with the ability to work collaboratively across a complex and evolving organization. The key “must haves” for this role include:
- Over 18 years of experience in operations and business management roles, with increasing responsibility in complex, multi-faceted, global organizations.
- Strong operational grounding and experience in franchising business models.
- Demonstrable track record in business transformation and turnarounds.
- High performance in a customer-focused and data-driven environment where customer acquisition, monetization and retention underpin the company strategy and resource allocation.
- Credibility with external franchising community and important public audiences.
- History of setting and achieving the highest standards of performance for the team. Recognized for attracting, building, and developing talented teams. Responsible for defining and evolving organization’s culture, which includes employees’ behaviors and mindsets.
- Capacity for ambiguity and adaptability. Ability to pivot strategy due to changing dynamics internally and externally.
Ability to model Choice’s Cultural Values: Welcome and Respect Everyone, Be Bold, Be Quick, Listen, Be Curious and Show Integrity.