Director of Institutional Advancement – Do you thrive in Philanthropy and have a successful record of raising money for a non-profit organization? If so, then perhaps Dorcas International is the place for you.
For nearly 100 years, Dorcas International Institute of Rhode Island has both welcomed and strived to empower all newcomers and those working to overcome cultural, educational, economic, and language barriers to achieve self-sufficiency through its programs and services for education, employment, refugee resettlement, family literacy, interpreting, translating, citizenship and immigration, and more.
The Director of Institutional Advancement is responsible for planning, managing and implementing activities that increase, diversify and sustain philanthropic support for our growing organization. In this role, the Director of Institutional Advancement identifies, develops and fosters relationships with all donors. They are responsible for the conceptualization, organization and implementation of annual fundraising and for developing appropriate strategies to meet annual goals. They coordinate special campaigns, direct mailings and oversee both data entry and the donor database. They oversee all publicity and marketing efforts to advance organizational visibility, including special events planning and promotion. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Institutional Advancement works closely with the Senior Program Directors to enhance current programming and develop new program initiatives, particularly related to the upcoming Centennial year of 2021
The candidate should have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in nonprofit management, business, social/human services or a related field; master’s degree preferred.
- Three to five years of demonstrated success in planning, managing, implementing and securing funds, especially major gifts.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills; attentive to details.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks effectively and within deadlines.
- Ability to work both autonomously and in a team setting.
- Effective at working with others to reach common goals and objectives.
- Conveys complex ideas through brief, simple materials.
- Experience with program evaluation, data collection and analysis.
- A high degree of computer literacy, with an excellent knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet/database software applications, is required.
- Good moral character, mature judgment and a strong sense of responsibility and dedication.
- Highly positive and enthusiastic style; capable of motivating others.
- Outstanding project management skills with the ability to drive complex, multifaceted projects forward to deliver results on time; advanced problem-solving and decision-making skills and the ability to multitask and handle a high-pressure environment with timeline pressures.
- Experience working in a diverse, multicultural community and with low-income populations.
- Customer service oriented.
- Able to work with a flexible schedule.