As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
We are a rapidly-growing, fast-moving, highly-capable UX team building the most popular job site on the planet. Our designers work in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo and Hyderabad, collaborating with Product Managers and Engineering to deliver simple solutions to the real-world problems that job seekers and employers face hiring and getting hired. Most importantly, our team is expected to deliver results, and be able to demonstrate the impact our changes have on our business.
The base salary range below represents the low and high end of the Indeed salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Indeed's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards include quarterly bonuses, Long Term Incentive Plan units, an open Paid Time Off policy, and many region-specific benefits.
Austin Base Salary Range: 92,000 - 118,000 USD per year
Indeed is looking for a behavioral scientist to define our behavior science practice and apply behavioral design to all aspects of the business. The goal of this role is to apply existing behavioral science insights to our employer-facing products and discover new insights and opportunities through rapid, rigorous research, prototyping, and testing. You will drive recommendations for behavioral change into our product and service offering.
Your work will positively impact millions of job seekers looking for their next move. Help us advance our efforts to improve and simplify the hiring process for our job seekers and employers.
- Drive strong partnership with product and recruiting teams to bring behavioral science perspective and methods to product strategy, product design, program design, and operations optimization.
- Conduct recurring behavioral diagnoses of the product at all stages in the hiring workflow to identify potential opportunities, intervention tests, and areas of further investigation.
- Lead definition, discovery, and analysis of key user behaviors with researchers, analysts, and functional leads in order to prioritize opportunities, themes, and initiatives for product and recruiting teams.
- Design and conduct quantitative surveys and qualitative studies to test and validate hypotheses to change key behaviors.
- Translate complex behavioral insights into actionable change recommendations for delivery to stakeholders.
- Create and deliver insightful and actionable reports to key stakeholders with project findings and recommendations.
- Socialize and teach behavioral science perspective, concepts, and methods to the teams to apply it to product/service strategy, product design, program design, and operations optimization. Generalize learnings into accepted frameworks that can help bring behavioral science to daily usage.
- Analyze Indeed-specific data and present findings to help leaders understand complex customer challenges and generate new areas of inquiry and opportunity.
- Conduct efficient literature reviews to identify relevant behavioral science theories, concepts, and methods to apply to a problem space.
- PhD or MS in Behavioral Science/Economics, Cognitive Science, Behavioral Psychology, or equivalent practical experience in related fields
- 3+ years of experience applying behavioral science methodologies in solving real-world customer challenges in a business or consulting environment.
- Expertise in behavioral science theories and concepts
- Experience leading primary and secondary research (i.e. surveys, interviews, literature reviews, data analysis)
- Expertise in experimental design and methods from A/B tests to multi-method behavioral science experiments
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively influence and communicate across all levels of management
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, fast-changing environment
- Comfort working within ambiguous problem areas and collaborating effectively to clarify objectives, hypotheses, and scope
- Experience applying behavioral science concepts to hypotheses about user behavior in applicable fields; recruiting environments, organizational theory, two-sided marketplaces, or brokerages, and digital products
- Fluency in statistical package (R or Python) and SQL
- Fluency in applied statistical methodologies including power analysis, parametric and non-parametric tests * Fluency in partnering with quantitative researchers, data scientists, and product scientists to analyze test results
- Experience with survey design and analysis (specifically for the purposes of experimental and quantitative analysis)
Design at Indeed:  https://indeed.design
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.
View our bounty of perks:  http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
View Indeed's Applicant Privacy Terms:  https://www.indeed.com/legal/applicant-privacy
EEO and Accommodations
Indeed is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neuro-diversity, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds.
Indeed is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in the employment application process. To request an accommodation, please contact Talent Attraction Help at 1-855-567-7767, or by email at TAhelp@indeed.com at least one week in advance of your interview.