Position TitleManager of IT Facilities & Technology Infrastructure
DepartmentTechnology Client Support
Union/Non UnionNon Union
Full Time or Part TimeFull Time
Hiring Salary Range$78,039 - $85,843 Annually Salary Commensurate With Experience
Regular or TemporaryRegular
Job Description Summary
Provides leadership, project management and facilitates collaboration with Facilities Management planners, faculty, staff, and supporting contractors, such as construction contractors, architects, and trades contractors (cable, electrical, security); and building systems (heating and cooling); in the programming (who, what and where), design, and construction. Support college renovations, new buildings, and new off-site locations (Laurel, Hyattsville, Westphalia, Temple Hills, Joint Base Andrews, etc.) in order to support college activities.
Also provides supervision to other positions in the infrastructure group that oversee telephony and network transport. The Manager of Technology Infrastructure Planning will develop and monitor practices to ensure CIP and renovation projects are completed in accordance with the College’s classroom and IT standards. This position is also responsible for the overall technical management of voice communication systems, video surveillance systems, access control systems, and emergency call box systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in building construction, information technology, or related field. (Master’s degree preferred)
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in the field of facilities management, IT planning, IT standards development or equivalent technology-related experience.
#Minimum of two years of supervisor experience.
- One to two years’ experience as a computing and networking technician managing data communications and networking systems.
CRITERIA: The following criteria, which are not the sole criteria used in the final hiring decision, will be used to review the applications of those persons who meet the stated minimum qualifications and to select those qualified applicants who will be interviewed. Other information and observations made during the interview process may be considered in the selection process. Resume required with the application. Please ensure that your documents address the criteria listed below for this position.
- Experience managing technology aspects of construction-related projects.
- Results and action-oriented leader with project management skills.
- Ability to read and comprehend construction blueprints, wiring diagrams, design specifications, change orders, and bid documents.
- Ability to determine the sequence and relationships among construction tasks to ensure successful completion.
- Ability to perform construction site visits to perform gap analysis between actual construction and design documents, and create and manage punch lists.
- Experience with vendor management in construction and/or technology environments.
- Ability to coordinate the design and implementation of small operational construction projects for classrooms, offices and facilities.
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills and interpersonal savvy.
- Demonstrated competency in a wide range of technical and administrative areas.
- Ability to successfully navigate within varying degrees of ambiguity in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to work between the hours of 8:30 a.m – 4:30 p.m; Monday through Friday. Work schedule is subject to change based on department needs.
- This position is required to work on construction sites, including hard hat areas. These areas can present hazards and physical challenges to move through the sites. These sites visit may require the use of stairs, crawling, kneeling and other activities in confined spaces.
- This position is required to visit telephone equipment room closets.
- This position is required to inspect and troubleshoot devices mounted in ceilings that may require the use of a ladder.
- Ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written standard English.
- As required by the 1986 Immigration Act, be prepared to present acceptable documentation showing your identity and that you are a U.S. citizen or an alien who is authorized to work.
Open Until FilledYes
Special Instructions to Applicants
The first review date will take place on June 12th, applications received by the date will receive first consideration.