Position TitleFaculty Part-Time - Medical Assisting Instructor
Full Time or Part TimePart Time
Hiring Salary RangeCommensurate with Experience
Job Description Summary
Under the supervision of the Academic Coordinator/Program Director responsible for teaching courses in the Administrative and or Clinical areas of medical assisting. As a medical assisting instructor, the candidate will teach classes in the medical assisting curriculum based on College, program, and course objectives and guidelines. Candidate must have two (2) years of current experience working as a certified or registered Medical Assistant, and knowledge of the clinical and administrative aspects of curriculum. Prior teaching experience preferred.
- Associates degree required.
- Recent two (2) full-time years working as a certified or registered Medical Assistant.
- Current Certified Medical Assistant (CMA), (RMA) Registered Medical Assistant, or higher certification such as RN, PA.
CRITERIA: The following criteria, which are not the sole criteria used in the final hiring decision, will be used to review the applications of those persons who meet the stated minimum qualifications and to select those qualified applicants who will be interviewed. Other information and observations made during the interview process may be considered in the selection process.
- Medical and surgical asepsis principles and procedures.
- Ability to perform patient vital signs collection.
- Perform EKG.
- Venipuncture and Specimen Collection.
- Basic Patient Intake.
- Pharmacology and other related medical skill classes.
- Administrative medical assisting.
- Physician office Billing and Coding.
- Instructors will be required to complete all class forms and documentation related to the course and all documentation required by the college.
- Degree from an accredited institution.
- Unofficial transcripts must accompany the application for teaching positions. Before an applicant can be recommended for hire, he/she must have an unofficial transcript on file with the College. Official transcripts of academic work required upon an offer of employment.
- Ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written standard English.
- As required by the 1986 Immigration Act, be prepared to present acceptable documentation showing your identity and that you are a U.S. citizen or an alien who is authorized to work.
Is Background Check Required?Yes
Open Until FilledYes