Job TitleLine/Prep Cook
DepartmentPurchasing and Auxiliary Services
Serve Safe Certification or ability to obtain within 6 months from date of hire.
Work Experience: 1-3 years Culinary Experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Working knowledge of all Culinary Kitchen Equipment including but not limited to exhaust system, grease trap, walk-in freezer, dishwasher, etc.
2. Customer service strengths. Familiarity with high volume cooking and preparation.
3. Able to use POS system, register, etc.
4. Able to effectively communicate with guests and co-workers.
5. Ability to multitask and complete prep lists and responsibilities within a given timeframe.
Maintain order in the kitchen during working hours
2. Make sure the sanitation and food safety standards are met in all stages of food
Preparation. This starts with the ingredients and ending with the finished dish which
leaves the kitchen door.
3. Make sure that the professional equipment is in good conditions and signal any
malfunction before it affects the staff or the clients
4. Be prepared when service begins and have your stations well-prepped, etc.
5. Able to follow recipes and report any substitutions/discrepencies to the Chef.
6. Work Front Grill and hot food line area, in conjunction with Chef.
7. Help put stock deliveries away, utilizing FIFO and properly labeling and dating all
8. Perform multiple cleaning assignments including: floors, equipment, dish washing, etc.
9. Complete other duties assigned by supervisor(s).
Physical Demands: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. The physical and mental demands described as follows are representative of those that must be met by an employee in performing the essential functions of this job:
• Ability to sit and/or stand for long periods of time.
• Ability to lift, at times, 50 lbs.
• Good eye/hand dexterity.
Required Working HoursA minimum of a 25-hour work week as determined with the supervisor to allow the employee to fulfill the assigned duties and responsibilities, including occasional evening and weekend hours. Summer schedules may vary to enable four-day or four-and-one-h
Hiring Range$15.00 per hour
Job TypePart Time Staff
Open Until FilledYes