Position TitleDirector, Financial Aid
Internal Position TitleDirector
The Director of Financial Aid is responsible for the overall leadership and supervision of the Financial Aid Office, administering scholarship, work-study, loan, and grant programs of approximately $15 million annually in compliance with federal, state and institutional guidelines. The Director is also responsible for the overall leadership and supervision of the Veteran Student Services Office, providing comprehensive services to military and veteran students related to veteran’s educational benefits, admission, registration, and other support services. The Director will provide vision and direction for the administrative and operational activities of a service-oriented Financial Aid office and Veteran Student Services office and participate in student recruitment and retention initiatives.
The College of Lake County is a comprehensive community college located in northeastern Illinois committed to being an innovative educational institution providing life-changing paths for our students by offering exceptional learning experiences. The college is widely recognized for student success, business and community partnerships, and for the achievements of our faculty, staff and alumni.
CLC offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits that currently include BlueCross/BlueShield of Illinois health, Delta dental and Superior vision insurance plans, tuition support for employees and qualified family members, a state pension plan, two retirement plans, disability, group and supplemental life insurance, health and dependent care flexible spending account plans, a four-day work week in the summer (Fridays off!), generous vacation, sick and personal time off and 13 paid holidays each year.
1. Bachelor’s Degree.
2. Five (5) years’ experience in financial aid with a pattern of progressively higher levels of supervisory and managerial responsibilities.
3. Comprehensive knowledge and management experience with all aspects of the financial aid operation.
4. Experience with the administration and maintenance of various financial aid software systems.
5. Experience with and the ability to communicate effectively with students from various social, economic, racial and ethnic backgrounds.
6. Experience working collaboratively across departments within the college to implement change and solve problems.
7. Strong interpersonal, communication, and conflict-resolution skills.
8. Ability to manage and prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and oversee major projects from development to implementation.
9. Strong research, quantitative, analytical, and problem solving skills.
1. Prior experience as a financial aid director in a community college.
2. Master’s degree in higher education, public administration, business, or related area.
3. Experience with and strong knowledge of PeopleSoft student information system is highly desirable.
Pay RateSalary is competitive and commensurate with education and experience.
Total Hours per week40+
Scheduled hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. These hour will vary with the needs of the college.
Software Testing RequiredNone
Interview Process RequirementsNone
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with disabilities. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V