Job Title: Head Athletic Trainer/Strength & Conditioning Coach
Cottey College, an independent liberal arts and sciences college, educates women to be contributing members of a global society through a challenging curriculum and a dynamic campus experience. In our diverse and supportive environment, women develop their potential for personal and professional lives of intellectual engagement and thoughtful action as learners, leaders, and citizens.
Cottey College is a member of the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA). The college currently has 7 athletic programs (basketball, cross country, esports, golf, indoor/outdoor track & field, softball and volleyball) and is focused on growing the athletic department in the future.
JOB SUMMARY: Under general direction of the Athletic Director, the position of Head Athletic Trainer/Strength and Conditioning Coach is a full-time, plus benefits, 10 month position. The successful candidate will develop, coordinate and administer a comprehensive athletic training program as well as an individual, general and team strength and conditioning program for the athletic department.
- Develop and implement overall sports medicine program for the college, including: injury prevention programs, injury evaluations, injury management, injury treatment and rehabilitation and educational programs.
- Provide athletic training services for Cottey’s athletic department and activity classes, including attendance at all home events and away competitions as necessary.
- Coordinate and schedule physical examinations and medical referrals for student-athletes to determine their ability to practice and compete.
- Assist the Athletic Director in the development of the budget for the athletic training room.
- Evaluate and recommend new techniques and equipment that would enhance the benefit of the sports medicine program.
- Develop a system of recordkeeping and documentation for injury and treatment logs for all student athletes.
- Work to ensure safety in the design and implementation of fitness, nutrition and conditioning programs customized to meet individual student’s needs.
- Collaborate with the coaching staff for implementation of conditioning programs based on areas of improvement for their specific athletic program.
- Develop, establish and implement individual and team strength training and conditioning programs for all athletes and teams.
- Teach proper training techniques within the weight room or other designated area for improved athletic performance.
- Assist in the overall supervision of weight room and other designated facilities, ensuring proper maintenance of equipment while monitoring compliance of safety procedures.
This position will require: evening and weekend hours, effective written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in appropriate area of specialization, Master’s degree preferred and 1 – 3 years of related experience is preferred.
- First Aid, CPR, and AED certification.
- Certified by the National Athletic Trainers’ Association Board of Certification (NATABOC)
- State Athletic Training Licensure
- Certified by a nationally accredited strength and conditioning certification program
- Strong interpersonal, organization, written and verbal communication skills are required.