Position TitleDirector of Nursing Education
Internal Position TitleDirector, Nursing
DepartmentBiological & Hlth Sciences Div
The Director of Nursing upholds the College’s values of Learning, Integrity, Quality, Service, Accountability, and Diversity. This position provides academic, administrative, and fiscal leadership for the Associate Degree Nursing Program in accordance with the College’s Strategic Plan and assists the Dean in the various functions and tasks through effective daily administration of Division policies and procedures. The Director of Nursing represents the nursing department and provides leadership to the faculty in matters of curriculum development, assessment, nursing program evaluation and review. The Director of Nursing works with the Dean of the Biological and Sciences Division to ensure all aspects of the Nursing Department are implemented according to college policy and procedure, as well as all local, state, and federal guidelines and statutes, while working within budget parameters.
The Director of Nursing is the Nurse Administrator with the authority and responsibilities defined by the Accreditation Commission for Nursing Education (ACEN) and the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation (IDFPR) to direct the nursing program/curriculum and End-of-Program Student Learning Outcomes (EOPSLOs).
The College of Lake County is a comprehensive community college located in northeastern Illinois committed to being an innovative educational institution providing life-changing paths for our students by offering exceptional learning experiences. The college is widely recognized for student success, business and community partnerships, and for the achievements of our faculty, staff and alumni.
CLC offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits that currently include BlueCross/BlueShield of Illinois health, Delta dental and Superior vision insurance plans, tuition support for employees and qualified family members, a state pension plan, two retirement plans, disability, group and supplemental life insurance, health and dependent care flexible spending account plans, a four-day work week in the summer (Fridays off!), generous vacation, sick and personal time off and 13 paid holidays each year.
1. Master’s degree or higher with a major in nursing or nursing education.
2. Two (2) years in clinical nursing practice
3. Two (2) years experience as an instructor in a pre-licensure or higher nursing education program
4. Current unencumbered Illinois RN license or eligibility for licensure in the State of Illinois.
5. Proven ability to work effectively and constructively with persons of diverse cultures, language groups, and abilities; demonstrate sensitivity to and ability to work with the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff, including those with disabilities; establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
1. NLN Certification as a Certified Nurse Educator
2. Doctorate in Nursing or Nursing Education other related healthcare field.
3. Demonstrated leadership experience in a higher education setting. Experience as an administrator a plus.
4. Bi-lingual proficiency
5. Experience working in a culturally diverse environment.
6. Experience working with collective bargaining unit.
Expected Start Date03/25/2020
Special Instructions Summary
This position will remain open until filled. The Director of Nursing Education position is a 52 week per year administrative position. The Director is expected to be available for consultation as needed during periods of recess from classes and for any other extended absences from campus (e.g. by telephone, texting, or email).
Pay RateSalary, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment are highly competitive and will be commensurate with the candidate’s background and experience.
Total Hours per week40
8:00 am – 4:30 pm M-F with the need for occasional evening and weekend hours.
Software Testing RequiredNone
Interview Process RequirementsPresentation, Writing Samples
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with disabilities. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V