Position TitleSystem Engineer
Internal Position TitleSystem Engineer
DepartmentCore Systems & Infrastructure
The Systems Engineer is accountable for the strategic direction and operation of the College’s server and storage infrastructure and its components. The Systems Engineer understands server and storage technology and trends at a strategic level; is versant in implementing new technologies and protocols; architects, creates, maintains, upgrades, and monitors systems for optimal availability and performance; and troubleshoots systems issues at their root cause. This role reports to the Director, Core Systems and Infrastructure.
CLC offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits that currently includes BlueCross/BlueShield of Illinois health, Delta dental and Superior vision insurance plans, tuition support for employees and qualified family members, three retirement plans, disability, group and supplemental life insurance, health and dependent care flexible spending account plans, a four-day work week in the summer (Fridays off!), generous vacation, sick and personal time off and 13 paid holidays each year.
The College of Lake County (CLC) is a comprehensive community college located in northeastern Illinois committed to being an innovative educational institution providing life-changing paths for our students by offering exceptional learning experiences.
The college is widely recognized for student success, business and community partnerships and for the achievements of our faculty, staff and alumni. Long-known as an employer of choice in Lake County, CLC was ranked #15 on the Forbes list of Top 100 Employers in the State of Illinois for 2019.
• Bachelors Degree
Associates Degree with three years of experience in an information technology role
Seven years of experience in an information technology role
• Committed to keeping up-to-date with the changing technology landscape
• Experience in the configuration, management, and troubleshooting of server class hardware and server class operating systems.
• Experience working with Microsoft ActiveDirectory.
• Experience working with Office 365 including Microsoft Azure and Power shell scripting.
• Experience working with enterprise class storage arrays.
• Experience working with server class virtualization software.
• Experience in IT Project Management
• Effective and polished verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work effectively with a wide range of customers and a focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion
• Committed to keeping up-to-date with the ever-changing technology landscape.
• Reflect a positive, high-energy and professional demeanor
• Demonstrated ability to work well on and improve the performance of a team
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize and deliver according to deadlines while handling multiple tasks, ability to exercise judgment, handle confidential information, and function with minimal supervision
• Demonstrated excellent organizational abilities and attention to detail
• Ability to cogently explain technical concepts and procedures to non-technical users
• Ability to problem-solve, analyze information to make informed decisions and/or recommendations
• Application of principles of logical thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
• Ability to travel between campuses as needed.
• Ability to work nights and weekends as needed.
• Proven ability to work effectively and constructively with persons of diverse cultures, language groups, and abilities; demonstrate sensitivity to and ability to work with the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff, including those with disabilities; establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
• Windows and HP certifications or on track for certification
• Higher Education experience ideally in a community college setting
• An innate focus on students and their success
• Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
• Strong analytical skills.
• An interest in improving existing processes and procedures on a continual basis.
• Ability to manage projects as needed.
Total Hours per week40.00
M-F 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Software Testing RequiredNone
Interview Process RequirementsNone
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with disabilities. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V