Job Posting TitleCollege Nurse (Salary Updated) (Extended)
LocationLos Rios Community College District (Sacramento City College)
Department LocationStudent Services
Founded in 1916, Sacramento City College (SCC) is a multi-campus, urban college that consists of a 70-acre main campus across from William Land Park. The college has two educational centers, one in Davis on the campus of the University of California, Davis, and one in West Sacramento located adjacent to the public library, community center and civic center. SCC is a vibrant teaching and learning institution with approximately 20,000 day and evening students and is recognized as both a Hispanic-Serving Institution (HSI) and Asian American and Native American Pacific Islander-Serving Institution (AANAPISI).
SCC has a rich history in the community and has expanded educational opportunities to students across the region. SCC awards Associate in Arts or Science degrees as well as Associate Degrees for Transfer, which guarantee transfer into the California State University system. The college offers Career Education certificates and degrees, transfer credit for students who desire to continue their education at a four-year college or university, and instruction in basic skills such as English, English as a second language, and mathematics.
Faculty and staff at SCC value a collaborative and diverse campus community. As one of four colleges within the Los Rios Community College District, Sacramento City College embraces change, values excellence in academic achievement and supports the success of students as they pursue their dreams.
The faculty member shall be responsible for the following: providing direct patient care under the supervision of the area dean; helping students fulfill their maximum potential; assessing student learning outcomes; maintaining a thorough and up-to-date knowledge in their regular field; continuing professional development; utilizing current technology in the performance of job duties; maintaining standards of professional conduct and ethics appropriate to the professional position; assisting with articulation and curriculum development and review; serving on college committees and participating in faculty governance, including accreditation and student co-curricular activities; assuming other responsibilities as assigned by the area dean; and fulfilling other duties and responsibilities of a full-time faculty member as outlined in the college faculty handbook.
Position Salary Information:
Initial maximum salary placement is based on academic degree, upper/graduate level units earned, and/or related professional occupational experience per the Los Rios College Federation of Teachers (LRCFT) contract Article 2 (The initial maximum placement is Class V, Step 8).
This assignment is non-instructional and may include, but is not limited to:
● Assessing and evaluating the general health status of students and staff focusing on prevention, recognition, and early treatment of illness.
● Planning, developing, and coordinating Health Services for students and employees.
● Conducting regular Health Services staff meetings to communicate inter-office and campus-wide information and discuss Health Services operational issues.
● Maintaining high standards of professional conduct and ethics appropriate to their professional positions.
● Working with other college departments to meet the health needs of the campus community, including such services as emergency response, crisis management, mandated immunizations and educational program requirements.
● Providing confidential health counseling for students and college personnel with referral to appropriate resources within the college or community as appropriate.
● Serving as liaison to community health agencies and using these health resources for referral.
● Protecting the well-being of students’ children attending the campus children’s centers, and college personnel through prevention and control of communicable diseases.
● Establishing standards and procedures for first aid care; providing appropriate first aid care as necessary on campus.
● Conducting an on-going program of health education for the college community through classroom presentations, bulletins, newsletters, seminars, workshops and other activities.
● Serving as a health consultant to students, faculty, and staff.
● Assisting in and maintaining a safe and healthy college environment by identifying hazards and recommending safety improvements.
● Reviewing and evaluating the Health Services program and participating in planning to respond to identified needs.
● Developing and implementing new programs.
● Monitoring existing programs and services for applicability, safety and effectiveness.
● Preparing reports, attending meetings, managing Health Services budget, and working with advisory committees.
● Assuming special responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
● Providing guest lectures on health related topics.
● Assisting with and attending sessions relating to staff development.
● Demonstrating skill in the use of software technology supportive of office programs and services and having knowledge and/or training in the use of computers.
● Performing other duties as assigned.
The non-instructional assignment may include day, evening, online, hybrid, weekend, and/or off-campus work and/or hours.
Work Year174 days
1. Have a master’s degree in Nursing; AND, have a California Public Health Nurse certificate; OR, have a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing; AND, have a California Public Health Nurse certificate; AND, have a Master’s degree in Health Education, Sociology, Psychology, Counseling, Health Care Administration, Public Health or Community Health; OR, hold a California Community College Instructor’s Credential in the discipline area; OR, the equivalent.* All degree must be from an accredited institution, completed by October 23, 2019.
2. A valid current California license as a registered nurse.
3. Employees must hold/obtain and maintain the necessary licenses, certificates, as needed for external agency(ies) accreditation.
4. Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive educational and employment environment.
● Applicants applying under the “equivalent” provision must attach details and explain how their academic preparation and/or professional experience is the equivalent of the degrees listed above.
● If your degree title differs from the minimum qualifications listed above, you are requested to submit this equivalency statement.
Applicants applying to this position are REQUIRED to complete fully and submit:
1. Los Rios Community College District Faculty Application
2. Unofficial transcripts of college/university work
4. Two letters of recommendation (If using Interfolio please send attachments to HR@losrios.edu)
5. Letter of Interest
6. California Public Health Nurse Certificate
7. Valid current California license as a registered nurse
● Applications submitted without all required documents, listed above, will be disqualified. Applicants indicating “see resume” on the online application will be disqualified.
● Graduate advising documents and grade reports will not be accepted as unofficial transcripts.
● Los Rios employees are also required to submit unofficial copies of transcripts.
● Individuals who have completed college or university course work at an institution in a country other than the United States must obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees and other relevant documents.
● A foreign transcript evaluation is required any time foreign course work is used to meet minimum qualifications and/or salary placement even if the foreign transcript has been accepted by a college or university in the United States.
● Foreign transcript evaluations are ONLY accepted from AICE (Association of International Credential Evaluations, Inc.) or NACES (The National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) agencies or evaluators. Foreign Degree Transcript Evaluations Foreign Degree Transcript Evaluations click here
Do not submit additional materials that are not requested.
Salary$51,485 to $85,358 annually. Additional earnings may be available for summer, overload, and stipends. LRCCD Salary Schedules
Additional Salary InformationEntering annual salary within a given range varies, depending upon units/degrees completed at accredited colleges/universities and experience. Candidates not holding a master's degree may start at a salary lower than posted above.
Beginning and/or Ending Dates
Full-time, Tenure-track position
Beginning on or about March 12, 2020.
How and where to apply
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions for complete information on how to apply online with our District. Application services are available between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, at the Los Rios Community College District Human Resources Office located at 1919 Spanos Court, Sacramento, CA 95825-3981. If you need assistance with any phase of the application process, please call (916) 568-3112 or come in during our business hours.
After hours inquiries should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submission of applications are by 11:59 p.m. of the posting closing date.
All Positions: Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful clearance from a criminal background check, freedom from tuberculosis, and proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States prior to the first day of work. The District may select additional qualified candidates should unexpected vacancies or needs occur during this recruitment/selection process. When education is a requirement for the position, official academic transcripts from the accredited college/university must be submitted within 60 days of hire.
Administrative/Executive/Faculty Positions: Contingent on funding and eligibility, successful candidates selected for an interview may be eligible to apply for partial reimbursement of travel expenses, up to a maximum of $450 Candidate Travel Reimbursement click here