Job Posting TitleAccount Clerk I
LocationLos Rios Community College District (Sacramento City College)
Department LocationBusiness Services Office
Founded in 1916, Sacramento City College (SCC) is a multi-campus, urban college that consists of a 70-acre main campus across from William Land Park. The college has two educational centers, one in Davis on the campus of the University of California, Davis, and one in West Sacramento located adjacent to the public library, community center and civic center. SCC is a vibrant teaching and learning institution with approximately 20,000 day and evening students and is recognized as both a Hispanic-Serving Institution (HSI) and Asian American and Native American Pacific Islander-Serving Institution (AANAPISI).
SCC has a rich history in the community and has expanded educational opportunities to students across the region. SCC awards Associate in Arts or Science degrees as well as Associate Degrees for Transfer, which guarantee transfer into the California State University system. The college offers Career Education certificates and degrees, transfer credit for students who desire to continue their education at a four-year college or university, and instruction in basic skills such as English, English as a second language, and mathematics.
Faculty and staff at SCC value a collaborative and diverse campus community. As one of four colleges within the Los Rios Community College District, Sacramento City College embraces change, values excellence in academic achievement and supports the success of students as they pursue their dreams.
Under moderate oversight, perform a variety of duties involving cashiering and financial and statistical recordkeeping of moderate complexity. [For a detailed job description for this Los Rios Classified Employees Association (White Collar) posting Job Descriptions click here]
This position is assigned to the Business Services office.
Los Rios Community College District offers competitive salaries and a very comprehensive employee benefits package to include medical insurance, CalPERS retirement, and opportunities for additional insurance and financial investments.
Full-time, twelve-month employees receive 17 days of annual paid holidays, 15 days’ vacation yearly (with increases after 5 & 10 years) and 8 hours of sick leave per month. Los Rios also offers extensive professional development opportunities with the district and financial support and/or paid time off to complete external academic studies. (See full LRCEA contract agreement details)
● Prepares change funds for revolving fund operations.
● Evaluates records for accuracy of balances, postings, calculations, and other records pertaining to business or operating transactions, and reconciles or note discrepancies.
● Compiles reports and tables to show statistics related to cash receipts, expenditures, accounts payable, and receivable, and profit and loss.
● Prepares bank deposits and reconcile cash register tapes.
● Serves as counter receptionist providing general information on college activities and answers student questions using databases and District’s website.
● Performs basic financial calculations such as amounts due, balances, discounts, equity, and principal.
● Reviews data for accuracy and completeness and reconcile discrepancies.
● Prepares daily cash reports and accounts payable using accounting programs and reports.
● Processes incoming invoices by checking extensions, discounts and taxes.
● Verifies balances and entries, calculations, and postings recorded by other workers.
● Processes negotiable instruments such as checks and vouchers.
● Prepares student loan checks for distribution.
● Processes credit card transactions.
● Performs financial calculations, such as calculations for student installment payment plans.
● Prepares and inputs purchasing requisitions.
● Performs related duties as assigned.
Work Year10 month
10:00 a.m. – 6:30 p.m., Monday – Thursday
8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Friday
Total Hrs per Week/Day40 hrs per week
EXPERIENCE: One year of experience related to the duties of the position.
Promotional: One year of experience in Los Rios Community College District (LRCCD) performing clerical duties at the level of a Clerk II or Admissions/Records Clerk I. (Promotional applies to regular, current Classified employees working with the Los Rios CCD.)
Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive educational and employment environment.
(Experience Requirement: One year of experience is equal to 12 months of experience at a maximum of 40 hours per week. Applicable part-time experience will be converted to the full-time equivalent for purposes of meeting the experience requirement. Education Requirement: 15 units are equal to six months of education; 30 units are equal to one year of education.)
Education must be from an accredited institution.
1. A completed Los Rios Community College District Classified Application (required).
2. Resume (recommended).
3. Two (2) letters of recommendation (recommended).
4. Letter of Interest (recommended).
Do not submit additional materials that are not requested.
● Applications submitted without all required documents, listed above, will be disqualified. Applicants indicating “see resume” on the online application will be disqualified.
After hours inquiries should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submission of applications are by 11:59 p.m., of the posting closing date.
Salary$17.26 per hour LRCCD Salary Schedules
Additional Salary InformationNo additional salary information to note
Beginning and/or Ending Dates
How and where to apply
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions for complete information on how to apply online with our District. Application services are available between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, at the Los Rios Community College District Human Resources Office located at 1919 Spanos Court, Sacramento, CA 95825-3981. If you need assistance with any phase of the application process, please call (916) 568-3112 or come in during our business hours.
After hours inquiries should be emailed to email@example.com. Submission of applications are by 11:59 p.m. of the posting closing date.
Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful clearance from a criminal background check, freedom from tuberculosis, and proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States prior to the first day of work. The District may select additional qualified candidates should unexpected vacancies or needs occur during this recruitment/selection process. When education is a requirement for the position, official academic transcripts from the accredited college/university must be submitted within 60 days of hire.