Position TitleEquipment Repair Technician
Division/DepartmentBusiness & Information Technology
Full-time, Pay grade 5 (Starting annual salary beginning at $43,855-$48,674) Commensurate with Qualifications and Experience)
Position Accountabilities and Essential FunctionsThe successful candidate must demonstrate experience, skills, and commitment to fostering an environment of diversity and inclusion in student, faculty and staff.
POSITION ACCOUNTABILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Performs preventative maintenance of Business and Technology Division equipment.
- Problem solves to identify equipment issues.
- Assemble incoming materials and equipment using hand tools or measuring instruments.
- Build, calibrate, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair equipment and/or testing instruments.
- Evaluate lab equipment for proper functionality.
- Assure adherence to all safety and health policies and procedures.
- Communicate with faculty regarding special needs and maintenance of laboratory facilities.
- Works independently and mentor students and student workers when applicable.
- Train student lab workers on supervised preventative maintenance worker tasks.
- Associate degree or two (2) years completed college-level coursework (60+ credit hours) in a relevant technical area
- 3-7 years of position related experience
Additional Experiences Considered
ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCES CONSIDERED
- Self-directed and highly motivated in completing assignments correctly and on time.
- Ability to work with diverse population.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Proficient oral and written communications skills.
- Proficient in the use of technology, i.e., a personal computer, Microsoft Office products, and the Internet.
Position will remain open until filled. The College reserves the right to close the recruitment process once a sufficient applicant pool has been identified.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Complete an on-line application and attach a cover letter with position title, resume, three current names of professional references, copies of transcripts (official transcripts required upon hire) and/or certifications and licenses.