Position TitleComputer Science & Information Technology Adjunct Instructor
Division/DepartmentComputer Science & Information Technology
Position Accountabilities and Essential Functions
The successful candidate must demonstrate experience, skills, and commitment to fostering an environment of diversity and inclusion in student, faculty and staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Information Systems or Information Assurance. Master’s degree preferred.
- Work experience: Significant (minimum of two years) professional or technical work experience in the field of computer networking, or computer security.
- Ability to teach in a variety of formats including online.
- Demonstrated currency at a significant professional or technical level in the field of computers.
- Recognized and verifiable certification(s) or must obtain within one year of employment, one of the following: Network+,
Security+, CCNA, Red Hat, VMware, EMC or an MCP certification. CCAI is required to teach Cisco. The college may assist with the cost for this training/certification. Any certifications must be kept up to date.
Additional Experiences Considered
ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCES CONSIDERED:
- At least one year of teaching experience preferred.
Position will remain open until filled. The College reserves the right to close the recruitment process once a sufficient applicant pool has been identified.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Complete an on-line application and attach a cover letter with position title, resume, three current names of professional references, and copies of transcripts (official transcripts required upon hire) and/or certifications and licenses.