Gogebic Community College seeks candidates for a full-time tenure-track faculty position to teach Nursing courses. The salary range for this position is $46,616-$71,287. A nursing faculty member is responsible and accountable for ensuring the fulfillment of educational goals and objectives of the Gogebic Community College Nursing Program. This position reports to the Director of Allied Health. Faculty will be required to evaluate student performances, generate necessary program reports and accreditation documentation, motivate and advise students, and participate in program and department planning. In addition to instruction, the nursing faculty member has three roles: collaborator, director of learning, and role model. These roles are particularly important in the program’s concept based curriculum, where students engage in active learning daily in order to meet their educational goals.
A commitment to professional development and learning is needed as nursing education continuously changes and grows. It is important that there is recognition, acceptance, and adherence to the community college mission and philosophy from our candidate.
· Teach courses as assigned in accordance with the description published in the Catalog and Department Course Outline. Assigned courses will include class, lab, simulation and clinical instruction.
· Create an environment that facilitates student learning and achievement of desired program outcomes.
· Facilitate student development and integration of expected nursing values and behaviors.
· Assess and evaluate students learning in the learning environment.
· Participate in curriculum design and evaluation of program outcomes.
· Pursue continuous quality improvements in the Nurse Educator role.
· Stay current in instructional methods and evidence-based, best practice nursing concepts and stay in tune with the impact those concepts place on the Nursing Program students’ education.
· Prepare classroom and clinical to support active learning experiences.
· Maintain compliance with all required agency and college policies.
· Maintain a collaborative working relationship with other faculty and staff in a dynamic environment.
- Master’s Degree in Nursing from a U.S. Department of Education regionally accredited college or university.
- Current Michigan Nursing License or eligibility for MI license within 30 days of employment.
- Three (3) years full-time acute care clinical experience with direct patient contact.
- Maintains own license, immunizations, CPR or other requirements and able to provide evidence of current status.
- Teaching experience in Community College or University settings.
- Experience with simulation utilizing nursing education.
- Familiarity with and use of collaborative/active learning techniques.
- Background knowledge of classroom and student assessment.
- Experience with clinical learning, student supervision and teaching methods.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, balance, stoop, kneel, twist, and reach. The employee frequently is required to use a computer, and equipment related to patient care. The employee must be able to meet the Technical Standards for Nursing. The employee must frequently lift, push, or pull up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, mid-range, far-range vision, and ability to adjust focus. The employee must be able to detect sounds related to bodily function using a stethoscope, and detect audible alarms generated by mechanical systems.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in indoor conditions and regularly works near video display. This position requires some day travel and some overnight trips. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. This position does require some evening hours.
Applications will be accepted until March 15, 2020.
Interested individuals should submit a portfolio containing all of the following:
a letter of interest
a detailed resume
three references with current contact information
GCC Application for Employment
unofficial transcripts (official transcripts are required before employment)
other relevant material to:
Human Resources Attn: Ashley Paquette
Gogebic Community College
E4946 Jackson Road
Ironwood, MI 49938
(906) 932-4231 ext. 324
Gogebic Community College is an equal opportunity educator and employer.
Learn about the city of Ironwood: https://tinyurl.com/vqs79ru
The College will conduct all interviews via video conference during the COVID-19 outbreak.
Click here to see the College’s response to COVID-19 https://gogebic.edu/