Position TitleHealth Science Adjunct Instructor
Division/DepartmentHealth & Wellness
Part-time instructor, teach days and/or evenings FA, WI, SP, or SS
Position Accountabilities and Essential Functions
Are you interested in positively impacting students’ lives? We are seeking collaborative, energetic, and innovative adjunct instructors for Health Science who are committed to student retention and success. Instructors are responsible for establishing and promoting an effective learning environment to maximize student learning. Instructors may be assigned to teach introductory and general courses in traditional classroom and/or blended/hybrid settings as needed in the Health and Wellness Division at Delta College.
Health Science Areas:
Medical Terminology | Basic Medical Emergencies | Legal Aspects of Health Care Systems | Medical Office Pharmacology
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Understanding of and ability to work with a diverse student population.
- Use of email, internet-based resources, and common Office software.
- Ability to teach in a variety of formats, including incorporating online learning systems.
- Understanding of ADA requirements and willingness to create accessible materials
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Understanding Delta Mission/Vision/Values
- Support and assess student learning and academic achievement to ensure student success.
- Teach assigned course(s).
- Develop and update syllabi for courses assigned and ensure course content and requirements meet the requirement of the college and accreditation agencies.
- Maintain and report appropriate classroom records, including student attendance and grades.
- BA/BS in Health-Related Field.
- Minimum of 2 years full-time (or equivalent) work experience in related occupational field.
- For the Basic Medical Emergencies course: Certification for CPR and First Aid Instructor by Saginaw MMR through American Heart Association (or the ability to obtain this Instructor certification). BLS and ACLS are not acceptable.
- Ability to teach on a Delta campus.
Additional Experiences Considered
Additional Experiences Considered:
- Teaching experience at the community college level.
- Degrees in allied health professions.
- Recent experience in teaching the specific discipline in an active learning environment.
Position will remain open until filled. The College reserves the right to close the recruitment process once a sufficient applicant pool has been identified.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Complete an on-line application and attach a cover letter with position title, resume, three current names of professional references, and copies of transcripts (official transcripts required upon hire) and/or certifications and licenses.
- Course assignment is dependent on the applicant’s qualifications and demonstrated abilities.
- If you are selected for an interview, you are required to provide a teaching demonstration on topics selected by the Health and Wellness Division.