Position TitleKitchen Worker I -Crew
Employee GroupFood Services
Part-time position available (up to 10 months/yr), variable hours and different shifts available.
Position Accountabilities and Essential Functions
Delta is a great place to work, learn and grow. Delta offers career building skills in a diverse team building work environment, tuition reimbursement up to 12 credit hours for fall and winter semesters, access to fitness center and library facilities, and a variety of student activities/clubs in which to participate. Kitchen Workers are also eligible for holiday/vacation pay.
POSITION ACCOUNTABILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
To work under the general supervision of a KW II, KW III, KW IV or manager in performing a variety of duties in the kitchen. Responsibilities include:
- To wear appropriate apparel and maintain a high standard of personal hygiene
- To maintain excellent attendance and promptness
- To work rapidly and efficiently in performing tasks
- To use and follow standardized recipes in preparation of all menu items
- To serve all food according to instructions and standard procedures
- To clean any area of kitchen according to sanitary regulations, MSDS, and Michigan Modified Food Code
- To maintain a clean work environment
- To store all food properly and in accordance with Michigan Modified Food Code
- To provide excellent customer service according to the departmental guidelines
- To follow all safety instructions when using equipment
- To cooperate with other employees and customers
- To deliver catered events as necessary
- To perform other related duties assigned by the manager
- Graduation from high school or GED certificate (preferred)
- Ability to learn and work in all areas of the kitchen
- Ability to read, write and follow written and verbal directions
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with customers and co-workers
Position will remain open until filled. The College reserves the right to close the recruitment process once a sufficient applicant pool has been identified.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Complete an on-line application and attach a cover letter with position title, resume, and three current names of professional references.