Job TitleEnrollment Assistant - Admissions & Registrar Office
Position StatusFull Time
Assignment LengthThis field only applies to Faculty
Performs a variety of entry to mid-level clerical and administrative duties related to processing student admissions applications and related information.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Prints applications and enters data into the Tarrant County College (TCC) System
• Processes readmission requests, updating demographic information, residency, academic history, and academic status
• Receives and processes incoming high school transcripts; verifies graduation status, inputs GPA; analyzes test scores to determine eligibility to be exempt from testing
• Assists students and prospective students in person, by phone, and in writing; provides instructions based on TCC policies and procedures
• Processes a variety of documents, forms, reports and files; processes Community and Industry Education registrations
• Maintains knowledge on state regulations and TCC policies and procedures; applies knowledge to the application process
• Keys reports, business correspondence, applications, and other specialized forms into student information system
• Scans and retrieves documents, files records and reports, posts information to records, sorts and distributes mail, answers phones, and performs similar duties
• Inputs and retrieves information on computers in connection with the responsibilities of the particular office
• Makes copies of completed work
• Maintains a high work attendance record, reports to work punctually and follows a work schedule to keep up with the demands of the worksite
• Attends the workplace regularly, reports to work punctually and follows a work schedule to keep up with the demands of the worksite
• Completes all required training and professional development sessions sponsored through TCC
• Supports the values of the College: diversity, teaching excellence, student success, innovation and creativity and service to the College
• Supports the mission, values and 3 goals and 8 principles of the College
The duties listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Required Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
• High School diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
• One (1) year related experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training, certification, and related experience
Desired Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
• Associate’s degree or 60 college hours from a regionally accredited college or university
• Prior college admissions/registrar office experience (work study, student worker, or part-time)
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
• Basic experience working with computerized systems and office productivity software
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Special Instructions Summary
This is a fast-paced, high volume customer service environment involving face-to-face interactions with customers.
Traditional office hours for this position are as follows:
Monday – Thursday: 8:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. & Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Summer hours range from: Monday – Thursday: 7:30 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. & Friday: Closed
Occasional weekend hours required during peak times.