Job Description or Duties: The Associate Registrar works closely with the Registrar in fulfilling the responsibilities of data integrity and facilitating the recording and management of all student records. They assist in meeting the information needs of academic departments, in developing office procedures and in training office personnel. Additionally, the Associate Registrar is responsible for assisting the Registrar in the development of academic support services such as degree audit, policy interpretation, enforcement and development and for the daily operation of the office, which includes direct supervision of full-time staff.
• Responsible for maintenance and security of all student academic records. Administers processes and procedures for student records management, archiving, and destruction in accordance with the Registrar and in compliance with all relevant regulations, policies and standards
• Performs services for students and faculty, including but not limited to schedule creation and maintenance, student registration, student schedule adjustments, grade processing/reporting, transfer credit evaluation, coordinate and reconcile the updating of student records and reports generated from course and student data files
• Oversee the use of computer database to support registration, course scheduling, and academic record maintenance
• Assist the Registrar in providing strategic planning, direction, and supervision for the Office of the Registrar
• Cultivate an environment that is student centered, supporting student success and retention
• Confer regularly with the Registrar and other university personnel to plan, coordinate and evaluate policies, systems, activities, exchange information, interpret policies, investigate and resolve problems to continually improve the services of the Office of the Registrar.
• Develop transferability agreements and policies with community colleges, international and other degree granting institutions.
• Oversee the process to ensure faculty information is transferred correctly between the human resources and student information systems.
• Serve on the system wide campus community team, maintaining student information, including but not limited to, processing name changes, SSN changes, address information and resolving duplicate students.
Required Qualifications: A Master’s degree from an accredited institution of higher learning is required.
Experience must demonstrate working knowledge of the use of complex computerized student information systems.
• Demonstrated experience in facilitating transfer agreements with corporate entities.
• Must have exceptional attention to detail, strong management and organizational skills, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, be self-motivated to work independently yet have the ability to collaborate with a team.
• Capable of using technology in the management of academic information.
Preferred Qualifications: Minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in successful planning, management and administration of a comprehensive academic records office.
• Experience in a multi-campus system.
HOW TO APPLY: To ensure full consideration, please submit all application materials before review date January 25, 2020. For more information and to apply visit http://unkemployment.unk.edu/. For more information about the position contact: Lisa Neal, email@example.com. For more information about the online application process contact: 308-865-8522 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
SALARY AND BENEFITS: With contingent offer of employment, the University of Nebraska will conduct an investigation of employment records, educational records, criminal records, and other records to verify the information provided in your application and/or any additional information you have provided is accurate. Salaries at the University of Nebraska at Kearney are competitive. The University provides a flexible benefits program at minimal cost to the employee. NuFlex benefit choices include a Medical Plan and Prescription Drug Program, Vision Care, Dental Plan, LTD, Life Insurance, AD&D Insurance, Dependent Life Insurance, Long Term Care Insurance, and Reimbursement Accounts for Health and Dependent Care. The Employee and Dependent Scholarship program is also available to eligible employees. Basic Retirement Plan options include TIAA/CREF and Fidelity.
The University of Nebraska at Kearney, serving over 6,500 students, is one of four University of Nebraska campuses. Established in 1905, the University has a tradition of emphasis in scholarly teaching at the undergraduate and graduate levels in a variety of disciplines. Kearney, a progressive city of 31,000, is the educational, medical, cultural, commercial and agricultural center of a large mid-state area. http://www.unk.edu/
For a copy of the University of Nebraska at Kearney's Annual Security Report, you may contact the Office of Police and Parking Services or visit the website: http://www.unk.edu/annual_security_report