Position TitleFinancial Empowerment Provider Specialist
Full Time or Part TimePart Time
Hiring Salary Range$26.59/hourly
Job Description Summary
Under the general direction of the Project Director for the Financial Empowerment Center at Prince George’s Community College (FEC), Financial Service Providers will work collaboratively with other Financial Empowerment Centers, the Foundation, United Way of the National Capital Area, the FEC Advisory Board, and Integrated Service Partners to deliver comprehensive financial services that support the FEC’s strategic goals and objectives, the college’s strategic plan, and meet current and emerging community needs.
- One to two years of college credit (30 credit hours is equivalent to one year) or equivalent formal training in related field. A combination of education and related experience for a total of four to five years.
- Associates degree or higher preferred.
- Basic understanding and some experience with tax law and tax preparation.
- Additional training and experience cannot take the place of the minimum qualifications.
CRITERIA: The following criteria, which are not the sole criteria used in the final hiring decision, will be used to review the applications of those persons who meet the stated minimum qualifications and to select those qualified applicants who will be interviewed. Other information and observations made during the interview process may be considered in the selection process. Resume/CV and cover letter are required for the application. Please ensure that your documents address the criteria listed below for this position.
- Knowledge of financial resources
- Knowledge of financial education, coaching, programs, and services
- Ability to deliver training in-person and online
- Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public
- Skill in oral and written communication
- Ability to maintain complex office records and to prepare reports from such records.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment in accordance with established policies and practices.
- Must be available to work between the hours of 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday – Friday. Work schedule subject to change based on the needs of the department.
- Ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written standard English.
- As required by the 1986 Immigration Act, be prepared to present acceptable documentation showing your identity and that you are a U.S. citizen or an alien who is authorized to work.
- A background investigation will be conducted prior to offer of employment. A signed authorization for release of personal information will be required if selected for an interview.
Posting NumberPGCC23911/12 GFF4
Open Until FilledYes
Special Instructions to Applicants