Position TitleAthletic Aide
DepartmentIntercollegiate Athletics and Intramurals
Union/Non UnionNon Union
Full Time or Part TimePart Time
Hiring Salary Range$12.76 - $14.03/Hourly
Regular or TemporaryTemporary
Job Description Summary
Incumbent in these positions work independently with a minimum of supervision. They are responsible for equipment set-up and break down of intercollegiate athletic and/or intramural events and physical education classes.
- Under 18 with work permit, high school diploma or equivalent
- Zero to six months of experience
- Experience working with Prince George’s Community College program, preferred.
CRITERIA: The following criteria, which are not the sole criteria used in the final hiring decision, will be used to review the applications of those persons who meet the stated minimum qualifications and to select those qualified applicants who will be interviewed. Other information and observations made during the interview process may be considered in the selection process. Please ensure that your application and attached documents address the criteria listed below:
- Ability to follow directions of instruction
- Familiarity with the Largo campus
- Ability to demonstrate dependability and patience
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Must have a valid driver’s license without any restrictions that would prohibit applicant from college insurance coverage.
- Must be able to work flexible hours.
- Must be willing to work outdoors during all weather conditions.
- Must be willing to setup and remove equipment (up to 50 lbs) for scheduled athletic events.
- Ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written Standard English.
- As required by the 1986 Immigration Act, be prepared to present acceptable documentation showing your identity and that you are a U.S. citizen or an alien who is authorized to work.
Is Background Check Required?No
Open Until FilledYes