Position TitleExtension Center Support Specialist
DepartmentTeaching, Learning and Student Success
Union/Non UnionNon Union
Full Time or Part TimeFull Time
Hiring Salary Range$66,281 -$72,909/Annually
Regular or TemporaryRegular
Job Description Summary
Responsible for performing complex, confidential and diversified secretarial and customer service duties in support of faculty, staff, students and the college community at Joint Base Andrews. Assists with the administration of programs and services offered to the community. Interacts with the general public by providing information and assistance as it relates to activities/services, rules, and regulations. Directly counsels students and their families through every aspect of the enrollment process in collaboration with pertinent offices from initial contact to register for classes. Provides summary reports of activities/ participants, and is responsible for developing innovative strategies within these programs to increase college enrollment.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Five years of related experience in the professional area.
- Must have supervised personal a minimum of two years.
CRITERIA: The following criteria, which are not the sole criteria used in the final hiring decision, will be used to review the applications of those persons who meet the stated minimum qualifications and to select those qualified applicants who will be interviewed. Other information and observations made during the interview process may be considered in the selection process. Please ensure that your application and attached documents address the criteria listed below:
- Manages the effective day-to-day functioning of Joint Base Andrews.
- Provides professional and courteous service to faculty, staff, students and other visitors seeking assistance or information from the office by providing direct assistance or guidance to appropriate resources.
- Provides general guidance and assistance to students, parents, and the community inquiring about Prince George’s Community College; explain policies and procedures; answering general questions regarding enrollment and financial assistance options to include scholarships.
- Pre-advises prospective and new students on the college’s enrollment and registration process. Shares the knowledge of the college catalog, curricula, and programs.
- Assist in the development and delivery of veteran’s services at the Joint Base Andrews center.
- Understands regulations and changes affecting veteran’s services benefits and financial aid. Able to interpret regulations to efficiently administer the program.
- Process fee waivers for eligible students and provide information on eligibility.
- Performs general clerical/administrative support functions. Composes and/or types letters, forms, memoranda and reports from abbreviated notes, tapes and records;
transcribes and/or takes minutes of routine meetings; copies materials; sorts and distributes mail.
- Provides support to include composing and typing a variety of letters, correspondence, reports, and presentations.
- Creates presentations, fliers, and brochures using MS Publisher, MS Word, and MS PowerPoint.
- Assist in the development and preparation of all information and marketing materials related to the services and programming.
- Maintains proficiency with current technology, including the use of software, and knowledge of the college’s network.
- Identifies and implements critical customer service standards in support of the college’s vision, mission, and strategic plan.
- Keep college staff abreast of issues affecting prospective students from the military community, Prince George’s County and all currently enrolled students at the Joint Base Andrews Center.
- Work closely with the Veterans Services, Recruitment & Admissions, Records & Registration, Academic Advising, Financial Aid, and Student Testing Offices to remove impediments and create opportunities for greater levels of student matriculation.
- Tracks and monitors office supply inventory and arranges for the replenishment of items as necessary.
- Maintains accuracy of the information on the college website as it relates to Joint Base Andrews.
Monitors the functioning of office equipment in departmental offices (copiers, printers, etc.) and requests maintenance, supplies, and additional equipment as needed.
- Coordinates and maintains budget and procurement process (i.e. purchase requests, blanket purchase agreements, and current balances for the office.
- Resolves/screens student issues directed to Joint Base Andrews.
- Maintains knowledge of current policies, procedures, and systems to ensure the timely, effective, and efficient operation within the center.
- Maintains appropriate confidential and sensitive materials relating to the center.
- Maintains office filing systems for correspondence, records, and other materials.
- Prepares reports, including monthly reports, activity, and enrollment statistics.
- Performs related work as required.
- Must be able to work between the hours of 8:30 a.m – 4:30 p.m; Monday through Friday. The work schedule is subject to change based on department needs.
- Ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written standard English.
- As required by the 1986 Immigration Act, be prepared to present acceptable documentation showing your identity and that you are a U.S. citizen or an alien who is authorized to work.
- A limited background investigation will be conducted prior to offer of employment. A signed authorization for release of personal information will be required if selected for an interview.
Is Background Check Required?Yes
Open Until FilledYes
Special Instructions to Applicants
A limited background investigation will be conducted prior to offer of employment. A signed authorization for release of personal information will be required if selected for an interview.