Position TitleOffice Associate III
Full Time or Part TimeFull Time
Fixed Term/Tenure Track (Faculty Only)Fixed Term
DepartmentWorkforce Programs and Strategic Initiatives
Hiring Salary Range$34,496-$37,946/Annually
Job Description Summary
Under supervision, performs general clerical/office activities to assist the department in administering programs and services offered to the community. Incumbents interact with the general public by providing information and assistance as it relates to the department’s activities/services, rules and regulations. Incumbents follow general instructions from a supervisor when handling new situations, problems or deviations from established work procedures is required. In the absence of the supervisor, incumbent is expected to provide general direction and leadership of program areas.
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Two to three years related experience in an office environment. See criteria listed below
CRITERIA: The following criteria, which are not the sole criteria used in the final hiring decision, will be used to review the applications of those persons who meet the stated minimum qualifications and to select those qualified applicants who will be interviewed. Other information and observations made during the interview process may be considered in the selection process. Please ensure that your application and attached documents address the criteria listed below:
- Provide operational support for all program areas.
- Assist with recommending office operation procedures to improve program efficiency.
- Coordinate all aspects of delivery of assigned courses, programs, or events, including physical/facility arrangements, textbooks, instructional materials, etc.
- Provide excellent customer service, in person and on the telephone.
- Supervise secretarial and administrative duties as necessary, such as adjunct appointment sheets, correspondence, records, etc.
- Retrieve student and course data via college database systems.
- Attain and maintain proficiency in the use of up-to-date computerized office technology, including Microsoft Office Suite software.
- Prepare and maintain material relating to important and confidential matters; i.e. department files, budget book, purchase requisitions, and work orders.
- Use good judgment, experience, critical thinking and knowledge of the policies and procedures of the college to perform daily tasks.
- As a team player, assist other WDCE efforts as needed.
- Undertake and complete special projects and other special assignments at the request of the program director.
- Due to the broad nature of this function, program assistants work in a fast-paced, stressful environment filled with unexpected interruption sand challenges. Flexibility and the ability to multi-task are essential as is willingness to pick up and deliver materials campus wide in all weather.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
1. Must be available to work Monday through Wednesday, 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Work schedule is subject to change based on department needs.
2. Ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written standard English.
3. As required by the 1986 Immigration Act, be prepared to present acceptable documentation showing your identity and that you are a U.S. citizen or an alien who is authorized to work.
Posting NumberPGCC21011/12 GFF4
Open Until FilledNo
Special Instructions to Applicants
This is a grant funded position through June 30, 2020. Continuation contingent upon future funding. The budget code is 12-10-00-23104-5211.