Position TitleSecretary III
Open Internally or ExternallyExternal
Reports to (title)Facilities Manager 2, SCC
Job Open Date01/08/2020
Open Until FilledYes
Priority Review Date01/22/2020
Perform tasks with minimal supervision to manage and prioritize simultaneous responsibilities and requests. Research, inquire, and examine data and materials to produce and compile reports, documents, and other communications. Act as primary contact in association with all functions pertaining to the Facilities Manager. Address facilities related issues, research and develop viable options, and implement solutions or make appropriate recommendations. Problem-solve on a daily basis and be prepared to handle emergencies as they arise.
Use judgement and discretion to proactively manage projects and maintain efficient department operations. Compose finished or draft emails, letters, reports or other documents with accuracy. Coordinate with other departments to issue keys and badging. Assist with facilities evaluation and follow up work orders.
Process fiscal and budgetary documents that include requisitions, Visa purchases, travel, reports and inventories. Accurately perform billing processes and related records management. Collaboratively work with internal and external College entities, vendors, and other agencies. Screen calls and relay messages in a timely manner.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist the facilities manager with multiple campus operations, community relations, and various administrative functions. Communicate and coordinate to resolve facilities related issues as appropriate. Manage accurate records and documentation. Problem solve and provide excellent customer service to both internal and external groups. Compose and create emails, letters, reports and other documents.
- Gather and prepare materials for invoicing and report budgets. Track, send notifications, and coordinate Airport badging for SLCC employees. Work with Key Office for key requests, deliveries, documentation, and follow-up. Input and follow up with work order requests. Perform general office duties.
- Help to coordinate and resolve building and grounds related emergencies and safety issues (i.e. power outages, floods, alarms, elevators, spills, etc.). Disseminate general information to students, employees, and others; answer questions and make referrals when appropriate. Coordinate with appropriate departments regarding event activities as needed. Assist in working with campus security to ensure buildings and grounds safety.
- Other duties as assigned.
Associate’s Degree Preferred.
Working knowledge of Banner and Sprocket preferred.
One (1) year post high school education.
Two (2) years of secretarial, administrative support or closely related field.
Additional related education may be substituted with two years of education equal to one year of required work experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Organizational skills for multiple and concurrent activities.
• Ability to safeguard confidential information.
• Operate effectively under stress.
• Excellent communication and customer service skills.
• Ability to respond appropriately to various projects, emergencies, and events.
• Knowledge of College operations, policies and procedures.
• Must be a self-starter, self-motivated, and proactive with strong attention to detail.
• Willing to promote the mission and goals of SLCC and the Facilities Division.
• Provide support and service, meet deadlines, and work independently and as part of a team.
• Be familiar with standard office procedures and methods.
• Must be flexible and dependable.
• Be able to follow written and oral instructions.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and willingness to learn other programs.
• Excellent writing, typing and proofreading skills.
• Excellent use of English, math, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary.
• Must be able to move, traverse, and lift 25 lbs.
• Ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of diverse people, ability, culture, ethnic background, to maintain good working relationships across the College.
• Ability to work with all groups in a diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic background of community college students, faculty and staff, including those with disabilities.
• Full consideration will be given to applicants who apply on or before the priority review date indicated above.
• More information about Salt Lake Community College benefits: http://i.slcc.edu/hr/docs/benefits-summary-current.pdf
Salt Lake Community College (SLCC) is fully committed to policies of equal employment and nondiscrimination. The College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, religion, protected veteran status, expression of political or personal beliefs outside of the workplace, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
SLCC is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”).
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check.