Position TitleOffice Professional - Faculty Support
Part-time, 20 hours/week, Pay grade 3 (Starting Salary $15.37–$17.05: Commensurate with Qualifications and Experience)
Position Accountabilities and Essential FunctionsThe successful candidate must demonstrate experience, skills, and commitment to fostering an environment of diversity and inclusion in student, faculty and staff.
POSITION ACCOUNTABILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
This positions’ primary function is to provide support to faculty in primarily the Science & Mathematics Divisions; time may be split between multiple offices, based on need as determined by absence of other (faculty- based) Office Professionals. This is accomplished by providing confidential assistance to full-time and part-time faculty, customer service to employees and students, office coordination, and technology assistance. This position will be assigned to multiple physical locations over the course of the work week; because these are areas without an Associate Dean Presence this position will be looked to as a resource person.
Strong commitment to excellent customer service is central, and requires knowledge of various aspects of the College (classes, activities, employees); ability to ask questions in order to provide answers to others is important. Employee must maintain a positive environment in the various offices and conduct office operations smoothly, completing work requests from faculty in a timely and efficient manner. These requests encompass a wide variety of clerical and secretarial duties, for a diversified staff of full-time and adjunct faculty (from multiple disciplines) in preparation for their classes and other division and college-sponsored events in which they are involved. Work must be prioritized, scheduled, and processed effectively in this diverse context.
- Minimum technology skills
- Certification, training, apprenticeship, or experience in addition to high school diploma or GED
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate complex information in both written and verbal forms
- Ability to work effectively with minimal close supervision
- Experience with Colleague or similar data management software
- Excellent customer service skills and experience
- 1-3 years related experience
Additional Experiences Considered
ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCES CONSIDERED:
- Associate Degree in office systems management, related area or equivalent experience
- Progressive job experiences of 3 or more years in position(s) related to this position
- Experience working in an academic and teamwork environment
- Familiarity with website creation and management tools
- Commitment to College mission, vision, and values
- Commitment to continuous professional development, including job-related seminars, workshops
Position will remain open until filled. The College reserves the right to close the recruitment process once a sufficient applicant pool has been identified.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Complete an on-line application and attach a cover letter with position title, resume, three current names of professional references, copies of transcripts (official transcripts required upon hire) and/or certifications and licenses.