Job Posting TitleHuman Resources Clerk III (Temporary)
LocationLos Rios Community College District (District Office)
The Los Rios Community College District (LRCCD) is the second largest, two-year public college district in California, serving approximately 75,000 students in the greater Sacramento region. The district’s 2,400 square mile service area includes Sacramento and El Dorado counties and parts of Yolo, Placer, and Solano counties and is comprised of four uniquely diverse colleges – American River, Cosumnes River, Folsom Lake and Sacramento City colleges. In addition to each college’s main campus, the district offers educational centers in Placerville, Davis, West Sacramento, Elk Grove, Natomas and Rancho Cordova.
The Los Rios district office is centrally located in the heart of the Sacramento valley. The growing Capital Region has strong communities and emergent arts and dining scenes, and is nearby some of the most celebrated tourist destinations in the country – Lake Tahoe, Napa Valley, and San Francisco. The Sacramento area is a great place to live and work!
The district has approximately 4,000 employees throughout our four colleges and district office in dozens of different departments that provide welcoming, inclusive, and equitable environments for Los Rios students, employees and community partners. Each and every district and college department strives for the highest quality in all programs, services, and activities, and is focused on improving educational outcomes for the students we serve.
Our colleges offer equity-minded, academically rigorous, student success centered education. Our objective is to help our students successfully achieve their academic goals, whether they want to transfer to a four-year college or university, earn an associate degree, or obtain one of more than 100 certificates in high demand career fields.
The Los Rios Community College District’s Human Resources Department is committed to diversity, equity, and to ensuring an inclusive, thriving environment for all of its employees, students, and surrounding communities. To that end, the Human Resources Department is intentional in recruiting, hiring, and retaining diverse employees, to reflect the diversity of our colleges’ student populations.
Incumbents, under supervision, take primary responsibility for the procedural operations in the recruitment, examination, and selection of candidates for district employment; perform a variety of responsible clerical tasks related to employer/employee relations and assist in providing clerical tasks related to employer/employee relations and assist in providing human resources services to the colleges and the public. Review applications and evaluate for eligibility; assists Director of Human Resources with affirmative action recruitment; assist campus personnel with part-time faculty recruitment. Assigned tasks required initiative, tact, organizational ability and the application of good judgment.
For a detailed job description for this Los Rios Classified Employee’s Association (White Collar) position Job Descriptions click here
This is a temporary classified position.
NOTE: Short-term temporary employees shall not be employed for more than 135 days, or 960 hours, whichever is reached first, in any fiscal year. Job Descriptions click here
Typing Requirements click here
● Incumbents answer inquiries regarding certificated faculty and classified employment opportunities.
● Prepare and distribute bulletins and announcements of position openings and explain qualification requirements to applicants.
● Maintain recruitment files and related documents.
● Prepare correspondence independently or from written copy.
● Schedule applicant tests and employment interviews.
● Track applicants on online computer system.
● Assist in processing new employees.
● Maintain confidential files of employees.
● Prepare and process performance evaluation forms.
● May maintain tuberculosis clearance and fingerprint files.
● Fill authorized requests for temporary help.
● Give skills tests to applicants.
● Operate standard office equipment including word processing and data entry equipment.
● May assist with preparation of materials used to establish the district’s negotiating position.
● Type district proposals, counter proposals and tentative agreements on word processing equipment.
● Perform other human resources secretarial/clerical duties as needed.
● Perform related work as required.
To be determined.
NOTE: Short-term temporary employees shall not be employed for more than 135 days, or 960 hours, whichever is reached first, in any fiscal year.
Total Hrs per Week/DayTo be determined.
Type 40 nwpm. Typing test/certificate required.
EXPERIENCE/EDUCATION: Two years of general clerical experience including one year equivalent to Clerk II with the Los Rios Community College District. (One year of college level business and clerical course work may be substituted for one year of required experience).
Promotional: One year of experience in Los Rios CCD performing clerical duties at the level of Clerk II; OR, six months as an Administrative Assistant I. (Promotional applies to regular, current Classified employees working with the Los Rios CCD.)
Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive educational and employment environment.
(Experience Requirement: One year of experience is equal to 12 months of experience at a maximum of 40 hours per week. Applicable part-time experience will be converted to the full-time equivalent for purposes of meeting the experience requirement. Education Requirement: 15 units are equal to six months of education; 30 units are equal to one year of education.)
1. A completed Los Rios Community College District Classified Application (required).
2. Typing Certificate (45 Net Words Per Minute) (required). This position has typing requirements that should be reviewed prior to applying to the job posting. To review the typing requirements, click on the “Typing Requirement” link on the navigation bar on the left side of your screen. Failure to have a typing certificate submitted with the application will automatically disqualify the applicant from consideration for the job posting. The typing certificate must be attached to the application by the final closing date of the job posting.
- IMPORTANT: All typing certificates must show total gross words per minute and the number of errors. Los Rios Community College District calculates Net Words Per Minute by subtracting one point for each error. (Typing certificates that list percentages only will not be accepted). Typing tests taken through an online service/agency WILL NOT be accepted. Typing certificates must be signed and dated from a recognized school or agency.
3. Unofficial transcripts of college/university work (required if using education to meet the Minimum Qualifications of this position).
4. Resume (recommended).
5. Two (2) letters of recommendation (recommended).
6. Letter of Interest (recommended).
Do not submit additional materials that are not requested.
- Individuals who have completed college or university course work at an institution in a country other than the United States must obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees and other relevant documents. A foreign transcript evaluation is required any time foreign course work is used to meet minimum qualifications even if the foreign transcript has been accepted by a college or university in the United States.
- Graduate advising documents and grade reports will not be accepted as unofficial transcripts.
- It is the responsibility of Los Rios Community College District employees to provide transcripts for the application process, if required by position. Foreign Degree Transcript Evaluations click here
Salary$14.50 per hour
Additional Salary InformationNo additional salary information to note
Beginning and/or Ending Dates
How and where to apply
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions for complete information on how to apply online with our District. Application services are available between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, at the Los Rios Community College District Human Resources Office located at 1919 Spanos Court, Sacramento, CA 95825-3981. If you need assistance with any phase of the application process, please call (916) 568-3112 or come in during our business hours. After hours inquiries should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submission of applications are by 11:59 p.m. of the posting closing date.
Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful clearance from a criminal background check, freedom from tuberculosis, and proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States prior to the first day of work. The District may select additional qualified candidates should unexpected vacancies or needs occur during this recruitment/selection process. When education is a requirement for the position, official academic transcripts from the accredited college/university must be submitted within 60 days of hire.