Part-Time Instructor, Anthropology
Salary: To Be Determined Based on PT Faculty Salary Schedule
Start Date: ASAP
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Location: Hayward, CA
PT Anthropology Instructor: The Chabot – Las Positas Community College District is seeking an Anthropology Instructor for
Chabot College for our adjunct pool. We are specifically looking for a Biological Anthropologist who has experience teaching
Biological/Physical Anthropology (Anthropology 1), Biological/Physical Anthropology lab (Anthropology 1L), and possibly Forensic
Anthropology (Anthropology 13) and Forensic Anthropology lab (Anthropology 13L). Ability to teach core courses in Anthropology,
such as Social/Cultural Anthropology (Anthropology 3) and Archaeology (Anthropology 2) is a plus.
The instructor shall:
• Have experience teaching college-level courses in Biological Anthropology.
• Be able to teach college-level courses in Social/Cultural Anthropology and Archaeology, as needed.
• Demonstrate enthusiasm for teaching.
• Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Demonstrate ability to communicate well with students of diverse academic, ethnic, socioeconomic, and cultural backgrounds;
immigration status; gender identities, sexual orientations; and students with disabilities.
• Adapt instructional techniques to accommodate varied learning styles and abilities.
• Be available to teach on-campus classes during the day and in the evening.
• Develop and teach online courses, as needed.
• Interact successfully with others, including Anthropology colleagues and other Social Science colleagues.
Master’s Degree in anthropology or archaeology OR Bachelor’s in either of the above AND Master’s in sociology, biological
sciences, forensic sciences, genetics or paleontology
Or the equivalent.
Application Requirements: To apply, send required application materials by email to the contact listed. Please send District
application, cover letter, resume, and transcripts.
(District application found on CLPCCD District website at www.clpccd.org/hr).
Contact Information: Cheryl Sannebeck at email@example.com
Denise Marriott Barajas
Human Resources Technician
Office of Human Resources
925 485-5236 Main HR Phone
925 485-5254 Confidential HR Fax
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
View current employment opportunities on our District website at: www.clpccd.org/HR
View all PT Faculty postings on the Chancellor’s Registry website at: www.cccregistry.org
Chabot-Las Positas CCD
District Office Location and Hours:
7600 Dublin Blvd, 3rd Floor
Dublin, Ca 94568
Standard Business Hours: M-F, 8a.m. – 5p.m.