Position TitleSecretary II, English Department (Part Time)
Open Internally or ExternallyExternal
Reports to (title)Associate Dean, English
DepartmentEnglish (School of Humanities & Social Sci)-2F3
Job CategoryPart-Time Staff - Variable
Initial Work LocationTaylorsville Redwood Campus
Starting Salary$11.41 - $12.54
Job Open Date08/29/2019
Open Until FilledYes
Under general supervision, providing clerical and secretarial support to the English Department and specifically to the department Administrative Assistant.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
• Performing all basic clerical office functions
• Maintaining files, records, and important data
• Performing various Banner operations
• Addressing the needs of students and faculty
• Performing various Banner functions
• Representing the department internally and externally when necessary
Support Administrative Assistant as directed
• Background in computer technology
• Experience with computer systems and platforms
• Experience within educational settings
• Strong writing ability
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work in collaborative and group settings
• Experience with computer technology
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Knowledge of Excel, Word, and other office programs
• Ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of diverse people, ability, culture, ethnic background, to maintain good working relationships across the College. Ability to work with all groups in a diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic background of community college students, faculty and staff, including those with disabilities.
Please indicate on your resume if your experience is full time or part time.
Salt Lake Community College (SLCC) is fully committed to policies of equal employment and nondiscrimination. The College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, religion, protected veteran status, expression of political or personal beliefs outside of the workplace, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
SLCC is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”).
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check.