Position TitleAdministrative Assistant I, Division of Allied Health
Open Internally or ExternallyExternal
If faculty, tenure track statusNot Applicable
Reports to (title)Associate Dean, Allied Health
DepartmentDiv. of Allied Health (School of Health Sciences)-2H1
Job Open Date11/22/2019
Open Until FilledYes
Priority Review Date12/03/2019
Under limited supervision provides secretarial and general administrative support to the Associate Dean. Handles work of a confidential nature.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
Perform clerical functions which may include operating word processing and office equipment to compile, write, and edit quality finished memoranda, correspondence, reports, etc.. operating electronic mail and disk filing systems, performing receptionist duties, scheduling meetings, making travel arrangements, creating and keeping calendars current, screening calls and recording messages, maintaining files, entering data, performing research and analysis functions, preparing and writing reports, composing business correspondence, and taking minutes.
Manage general affairs of the office which may include working with confidential information, gathering data, creating reports, reviewing, tracking, and responding to documents, analyzing office systems, implementing new procedures, coordinating activities with other departments, maintaining outside contacts.
Process fiscal and budgetary documents which my include departmental requisitions, inventories, personnel and employment records, budget reconciliations.
May disseminate general information to students, employees, and others; may explain department and College policies and procedures.
Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge of Banner or related platform.
Experience working in an educational environment.
Experience working at a community college.
Experience working in an executive office support position.
Two (2) years of full-time post high school education equivalent to 60 credit hours or Associate degree.
Two (2) years of related, paid, full-time or equivalent work experience.
Trade-off 1:1 experience/educational requirement.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
1. Excellent writing skills and attention to detailed required.
2. Completes reports, meeting minutes, confidential documentation related to the division.
3. Works with and safeguards confidential information.
4. Basic knowledge of accounting and preparing budgets.
5. Ability to work in a fast-paced demanding environment and multitask quickly and efficiently.
6. Possesses good time management, organization, and critical thinking skills.
7. General office procedures and methods (includes advanced computer skills, using Microsoft Office suites, Outlook, Excel, navigating various software usage and data entry, and internet research.)
8. Interpersonal problem solving, and public relation skills.
9. Displays good communications/ human relations/ customer service skills to relate with a variety of people.
10. Operates computer and other office equipment.
11. Researches and analyzes information.
12. Works with and safeguards confidential information.
13. Ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of diverse people, abilities, cultures, ethnic backgrounds to maintain good working relationships across the College.
14. Ability to work with all groups in a diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic background of community college students, faculty and staff, including those with disabilities.
More information about Salt Lake Community College benefits: http://i.slcc.edu/hr/docs/benefits-summary-18-19.pdf
Salt Lake Community College (SLCC) is fully committed to policies of equal employment and nondiscrimination. The College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, religion, protected veteran status, expression of political or personal beliefs outside of the workplace, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
SLCC is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”).
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check.