Job TitleClinical Agency Requirements Specialist
DepartmentHealth and Wellness
1. Bachelors Degree in any field.
2. Minimum of four years of progressively responsible administrative/office management experience OR two years’ experience in student services/support area (i.e. students records, admissions, etc) OR two years’ experience in an allied health field.
3. Knowledge of MS Office software programs including MS Word, Excel, and Access;
4. Evidence of work with the public and sensitivity to the needs of students;
5. Evidence of excellent recordkeeping and data tracking skills.
Minimum of four years of progressively responsible secretarial or clerical administrative/office management experience OR two years’ experience in student services/support area (i.e. students records, admissions, etc) OR two years’ experience in an allied health field.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Excellent interpersonal skills, organizational skills, and attention to detail, and
2. Excellent oral and written communication and public relation skills;
3. Excellent problem solving, judgement, and critical thinking skills;
4. Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines;
5. Ability to think creatively and put ideas into action;
6. Ability to make presentations to large audiences;
7. Ability to negotiate with and coordinate multiple programs and tasks;
8. Excellent computer skills as evidenced by experience with at least one database/data analysis/business intelligence software product (such as SAS, SPSS, Informer, Colleague, or other database system) OR electronic health record (e.g. EPIC) and competence with Microsoft Office products, including Excel and Word.
9. Personal integrity, honesty, and the ability to maintain confidentiality; and
10. Understanding of the mission, goals, and objectives of a community college.
The Clinical Agency Requirement Specialist is primarily responsible for the coordination and oversight of all clinical agency requirements for students including criminal background checks (CBC), drug screens, immunization tracking and medical form tracking across the Health and Wellness department for all programs using these requirements. This position will be responsible for coordinating initial and repeat requirements, as well as, student appeals. The position will also be responsible for managing all program affiliation agreements and requirements for curriculum and continuing education programs. More specifically, the duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Work directly with program directors and clinical coordinators to determine clinical agency requirements;
2. Assist with identifying vendors for clinical requirements functions;
3. Follow CBC/drug screening and medical record tracking and immunization procedures;
4. Function as a liaison between Durham Tech personnel and clinical agency personnel as it pertains to clinical agency requirements;
5. Coordinate and administer the department CBC program for prospective and continuing students in curriculum and continuing education students;
6. Review CBC and drug screen requirements with students and provide documentation to complete this process;
7. Attend program orientation sessions to orient new students to program requirements;
8. Communicate with students, in accordance with the CBC/drug screening procedure, regarding positive results; coordinate appeal procedures;
9. Serve as a liaison with the CBC/drug screen/medical records tracking vendors;
10. Perform and annual review of consent form, instructions, affiliation agreement language, and website language and revise as needed;
11. Coordinate the student appeals process;
12. Orient new clinical agencies to CBC and drug screen procedure. Complete and submit access request paperwork to clinical requirements vendor;
13. Provide periodic updates to clinical coordinators regarding CBC/drug screen result status;
14. Assist clinical coordinators with immunization and record requirements;
15. Assist the Dean, as needed and directed, in the preparation, processing, and administration of affiliation agreements;
16. Update agreements as needed and facilitate the process to enter revisions and obtain signatures;
17. Communicate with program personnel and clinical sites to maintain accurate tracking including renewal dates and agreement status. Maintain record of clinical requirements outlined in the affiliation agreements;
18. Provide monthly updates to the clinical coordinators regarding affiliation agreement status;
19. Work with the Special Assistant for Legal Affairs and Business Office to address any related issues as needed;
20. Manage and maintain confidential records;
21. Maintain clinical requirements forms and ensure consistency between programs;
22. Assume other appropriate administrative responsibilities and perform additional tasks as assigned by the department dean, chief instructional officer, or president in meeting the needs of the College.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. The physical and mental demands described as follows are representative of those that must be met by an employee in performing the essential functions of this job:
• Ability to sit and/or stand for long periods of time;
• Ability to lift, at times, 10 lbs.; and
• Ability to present to small groups.
Required Working HoursA minimum of a 40-hour work week as determined with the supervisor to allow the employee to fulfill the assigned duties and responsibilities, including occasional evening and weekend hours. Summer schedules may vary to enable four-day or four and half wor
Hiring Range$39,000-$42,000 annually (12 month)
Job TypeFull Time Staff
Open Until FilledYes