Job TitleHead Men's Soccer Coach
Position TitleHead Men's Soccer Coach
DepartmentAthletics & Physical Activity
Position TypePart-Time Faculty
Job FamilyAdjunct Faculty
The College of Lake County is looking to for a qualified Head Men’s Soccer Coach to join their athletics team. The Head Men’s Soccer Coach is responsible for the management and administration of all phases of the Men’s Soccer program in a manner that upholds the philosophy and objectives of the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics, including adherence to all department policies and procedures, as well as the rules and regulations of the College, Illinois Skyway Collegiate Conference, and the NJCAA.
The College of Lake County (CLC) is a comprehensive community college located in northeastern Illinois committed to being an innovative educational institution providing life-changing paths for our students by offering exceptional learning experiences.
The college is widely recognized for student success, business and community partnerships and for the achievements of our faculty, staff and alumni. Long-known as an employer of choice in Lake County, CLC was ranked #15 on the Forbes list of Top 100 Employers in the State of Illinois for 2019.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Two years of successful collegiate/high school/professional/elite club soccer coaching or professional playing experience.
• Proven experience working with and improving the performance of elite soccer athletes.
• Demonstrated successful leadership experience.
• Track record of strong commitment to a positive student-athlete experience and ensuring student-athlete welfare is paramount.
• Have a valid driver’s license.
• Excellent written, interpersonal, and oral communication skills.
• Ability to work effectively with faculty, staff and students from a variety of diverse backgrounds and a demonstrated dedication to the full academic and social development of student-athletes.
• Knowledge of NJCAA rules and interpretations.
• Proven ability to work effectively and constructively with persons of diverse cultures, language groups, and abilities; demonstrate sensitivity to and ability to work with the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff, including those with disabilities; establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
• Experience as a collegiate soccer student-athlete.
• Five years of successful collegiate/high school/professional/elite club soccer coaching or professional playing experience.
• Proven competitive success within an NJCAA/NCAA/NAIA Division post-season soccer team.
• Track record of successful recruiting & retention.
Expected Start Date01/06/2020
Total Hours per weekVariable
Varies, dependent on game schedules, practice schedules, and facility availability.
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with disabilities. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Software Testing RequiredNone
Multiselect Working Condition Custom Two IdsPresentation