Position TitleOffice Associate, Judicial Services*
The College of Lake County is currently looking for an Office Associate for our Judicial Services Department at our Lakeshore Campus. Under the supervision of the Manager, the Office Associate performs clerical, student/client interaction, computer data input/output, and secretarial services, in support of the Judicial Services Department as appropriate.
The College of Lake County (CLC) is a comprehensive community college located in northeastern Illinois committed to being an innovative educational institution providing life-changing paths for our students by offering exceptional learning experiences.
The college is widely recognized for student success, business and community partnerships and for the achievements of our faculty, staff and alumni. Long-known as an employer of choice in Lake County, CLC was ranked #15 on the Forbes list of Top 100 Employers in the State of Illinois for 2019.
1. A high school diploma, or equivalent.
2. Previous office experience in an office support or customer service role.
3. Keyboarding skills.
4. Effective communication skills in English and Spanish.
5. Bilingual in English and Spanish.
6. Ability to work effectively in a team environment
7. Proven ability to work effectively and constructively with persons of diverse cultures, language groups, and abilities; demonstrate sensitivity to and ability to work with the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff, including those with disabilities; establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
1. Evidence of good customer service skills; problem solving, patience, listening, echoing, and note taking
2. Flexibility and adaptability in daily work activities
Special Instructions Summary
This position supports three, five-year Intergovernmental Agreements with the 19th Circuit Court of Lake County. The Agreements, expire in June 2024. The College of Lake County has supported the Court through these Agreements since 1991.
Total Hours per week25
Monday – Friday, daily hours can be negotiated.
Software Testing RequiredExcel, MS Word
Interview Process RequirementsBilingual Testing
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with disabilities. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V