Ensures appropriate support for district-wide telecommunications network, distance learning, and campus telephones. Includes support of classroom facilities, vendor coordination and planning of maintenance for all installed equipment district-wide. Performs normal supervisory functions.
PRIMARY DUTIES PERFORMED:
• Plans, coordinates and develops schedules to insure that college-wide telecommunications, telephone, community-wide distant learning, and network systems are operating efficiently.
• Coordinates design and installation of new or expanded system services throughout the district and community to insure services are delivered as planned.
• Manages, coordinates, and schedules external personnel and vendors to insure that all commitments under college-wide and community-wide contracts are met.
• Schedules, staffs, facilitates internal and external users requires relative to voice, data, video, teleconferencing, classroom and community requirements.
• Prepares district-wide and management reports and makes recommendations relative to improved service and efficiencies for all services and series in a district-wide advisory role.
• Coordinates development and maintenance of the district’s database to support voice, data, video, etc., and publishes necessary directory for the district.
• Performs normal supervisory functions: trains, instructs, assigns work to assigned Telecommunications personnel; recommends transfers, promotions, wage increases, terminations; arranges for additional help or overtime; explains and enforces College policies, safety rules and regulations. Evaluates performance.