CCBC, a nationally recognized, multi-campus community college serving nearly 60,000 students throughout suburban Baltimore County, central Maryland and beyond, seeks a roll-up-your sleeves, wade-in-the-water kind of leader with the skill, vision and capacity to lead its transformational academics and solidify its stature as a premier 21st century community college.
This academic leader will ensure that CCBC’s instructional programming, innovative learning strategies and delivery systems are state-of-the-art and designed to serve the needs of the Baltimore region. CCBC is ranked 59th in the Top 100 Community
Colleges awarding Associate degrees and boasts a 10-year increase in student completion and graduation of 54 percent.
• Strong academic and administrative credentials with an innate understanding that teaching and learning are the focus of the institution and deserving the highest level of support.
• Well-developed management and supervisory skills that will provide leadership and direction to the key areas of
• The ability to develop rapport and credibility with faculty as well as respect and credibility both within and outside of the institution.
• Comfortable with and “practiced” in participatory leadership and integrative management.
• Long on integrity, highly principled, energetic, forward thinking, team oriented problem setter/solver with a sense
of humor and the ability to not take himself/herself too seriously.
• Keenly aware of the role that technology and market need must play in curriculum transformation and in the
transformation of the way we do our administrative work; a devotee of “work smarter, not harder.”
• Earned Doctorate required.
• Progressive experience in an executive leadership position in an educational environment, community college experience strongly preferred.
• Five years of successful supervisory experience in directing multiple instructional programs, faculty and staff at an institution of higher education.
• Successful experience serving as a chief academic officer.
• Teaching experience within higher education, preferably at the community college level.
The Community College of Baltimore County maintains a highly competitive salary scale for its executive leadership team.
Please visit ccbcmd.edu/provost to view the position profile and college overview.
How to Apply
Greenwood/Asher & Associates, Inc. is assisting CCBC in this search. Initial screening of applications will begin immediately and will continue until an appointment is made. Applications should be received by mid-January 2020, for best consideration. Individuals who wish to nominate a candidate should submit a letter of nomination that includes contact information for the nominee. Application materials should include a letter addressing how the candidate’s experiences match the position qualifications, a curriculum vitae or resume, and three references.
Confidential inquiries, nominations, and application materials should be emailed to Dr. Narcisa Polonio, Executive Leadership
Consultant at email@example.com
Questions? Contact Dr. Narcisa Polonio: 202-276-1983