Otis College of Art and Design
Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations
Otis College of Art and Design is in the nucleus phase of a $30 million comprehensive campaign. The Director of Foundation and Corporate Relations serves as a member of a strategic fundraising team whose goal is to secure resources to augment scholarships, academic initiatives and capital projects that support the mission of the College. This is a full-time exempt, senior-level fundraising position. This position reports to and works closely with the Assistant Vice President for Institutional Advancement and works to cultivate and manage an active portfolio of prospects that results in significant new support for the College from foundations and corporations.
• Maintain portfolio of foundation and corporate donors, prospects, and volunteers to cultivate, solicit, and steward.
• Supervise Foundations Relations Manager and Corporate Relations Manager.
• Serve on the leadership team of the Institutional Advancement division.
• Set and achieve fundraising objectives within Institutional Advancement Plan to build membership in the Corporate Partners Program and solicit campaign support from the foundation and business communities.
• Serve as primary liaison with foundation and corporate contacts.
• Work inter-departmentally with key campus leaders to match funding needs with appropriate strategies that engage foundations and corporations as donors and supporters in the areas of: classroom sponsored projects, scholarship resources, academic priorities, campus augmentation, and capital expansion.
• Oversee and prepare proposals, reports, and presentations.
• Assist College leadership and IA team in generating trustee and governor prospects and assist in board cultivation.
• Develop and maintain recording and tracking systems.
• Anticipate and respond to philanthropic trends to advance the needs of the College.
• Other duties as assigned.
A Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree preferred. Required: 7 years minimum of progressive experience in fundraising; foundation and corporate grant-writing and fundraising experience. Preferred experience in higher education or arts programs; and campaign experience. Demonstrated record of establishing and maintaining long term relationships with major donors; highly developed organizational skills; experienced strategic planner, leader, and team player. Must have excellent verbal, presentation, and written communication skills. Additionally, must have personal integrity, self-confidence, creativity, and immense enthusiasm for the mission of the College.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates must apply via our website at otis.simplehire.com to be considered for the position.