Part Time Faculty Interest Pool - Automotive Service Technology
||Automotive Service Technology
||Sylvania Campus - 12000 SW 49th Ave, Portland, OR
Portland Community College is accepting applications to be considered for Part-Time Faculty assignments in the Automotive Service Technology Department at the Sylvania Campus. The Department will review applications in this pool as the need arises for new part-time faculty in this area.
There is an immediate need for an instructor to teach evening classes (with the possibility of subbing and teaching day classes in the future).
This is NOT an announcement of a specific open position, but a Part-time Faculty Interest Pool, from which the department will identify applicants based on course assignment needs during the 2019-20 Academic Year. Your application may be considered for substitute assignments as well as full term class assignments.
Learn more about our program here https://www.pcc.edu/programs/auto-service/
Please also review the PCC Course Catalog for this subject area. As part of this application, you will be asked to list the current PCC courses which you would be able to teach.
- Average of 20 hours per year of documented automotive industry continuing education for at least the last 5 years that meets ASE Education Foundation accreditation requirements OR
- 2-Year certificate or higher from an accredited Institution with the commitment to complete an Associates degree prior to the end of probation
- Possession of all 8 ASE’s, or a minimum or 6 ASE’s with the commitment to complete the remaining certificates by the end of probation. Must obtain Maintenance and Light Report (G1). Advanced Engine Performance (L1) must be obtained if teaching Auto Shop Lab or Engine Performance courses.
A combination of automotive teaching experience in an accredited institution and/or automotive service and repair experience in a commercial repair facility equal to 5 full years, and have:
- Experience living/working in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment
- Current and valid Driver’s License with clean driving record, with the ability to complete PCC driver’s training
- Ability to operate typical automotive machinery and complete training for new equipment as necessary
For Course-Specific requirements, please see the Automotive Service Technology Instructor Qualifications page.
Note Regarding Academic Credentials:
- Official transcripts are required to be submitted within 2 weeks of offer date for degrees required in the stated Instructor Qualifications.
- Instructors shall have earned required academic credentials at a regionally accredited US institution or a foreign institution having the equivalent of regional accreditation. Instructors with credentials from other countries will have their transcripts evaluated by agencies that have good standing with the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services to establish fulfillment of this standard. (for more information see http://www.pcc.edu/hr/employment/faculty-information.html)
- For more information on PCC's General Instructor Qualifications Policy I301 visit:
These positions are included in the bargaining agreement between Portland Community College and the Portland Community College Faculty Federation Employees.
See the PCC Instructor Qualifications webpage for more information.
|Part-Time Faculty Compensation
2018-19 Hourly Rates:
- Lecture $59.66/hour
- Lab $44.15/hour
- Lecture/Lab $48.03/hour
Note: All newly hired Part-time Faculty will start at Step 1
View the current PCC Part-time Faculty Pay Schedule
PCC offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide employees and their families, including domestic partners, with access to a broad range of benefit options. Includes Health, Dental, and Vision options, Group Life, Long-term Disability, Long-term Care, and Auto and Home Insurance programs. Benefits are pro-rated for part-time employees.
Part-time faculty health insurance eligibility is based on workload during the previous academic year. Once eligible, available insurance plans include Health, Dental, and Vision options, as well as Long-term Care.
PCC currently fully funds the Oregon Public Employees Retirement System (PERS/OPSRP) pension and contributes an additional 6% into the employee's Individual Account Program under PERS/OPSRP. Part-time faculty may be eligible for PERS/OPSRP if they meet the requirement of six months of employment and are working 600 hours or more per year. PCC offers a tax deferred annuity program and a deferred compensation program where employees may save additional pre-tax dollars for retirement.
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waiver for you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children under 24 years of age, as well as tuition reimbursement for full-time employees at other accredited institutions.
- 2 hours sick leave per pay period, up to 32 hours per year; a maximum of 8 hours of accrued sick leave per academic year may be used for personal reasons.
View a complete list of PCC benefits.
|Background Check Required
Portland Community College complies with the Oregon Veterans' Preference in Public Employment law which provides qualifying veterans and disabled veterans with preference in employment. You will be given instructions during the application process to claim Veterans' Preference in the recruitment of this position, and to provide the documents required for verification of eligibility. Please do not send your documentation to the hiring manager directly.
For verification of eligibility, please submit the following documentation:
- Veterans: DD214
- Disabled Veterans: DD214 and Letter from the Department of VA
Portland Community College is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other protected class.