Job TitleExecutive Administrative Assistant - President's Office
Position StatusPart Time
DepartmentNW President's Office
Provides administrative level secretarial and clerical service to students, faculty, and staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Reads and routes incoming mail/email. Locates and attaches appropriate file to correspondence to be answered by management
• Takes dictation in shorthand or by machine and transcribes notes on typewriter or computer, or translates from voice recordings
• Works with word processing, spreadsheet and database software to complete administrative tasks
• Handles extensive confidential information
• Composes and types routine correspondence; prepares materials for special events such as invitations, guest lists, RSVPs, programs, etc.
• Files correspondence and other records
• Answers telephone and gives information to callers or routes call to appropriate official and places outgoing calls
• Schedules appointments and makes changes to calendar as necessary
• Greets visitors, ascertains nature of business, and directs visitors to appropriate person
• Arranges travel schedule and reservations
• Compiles and types statistical and budget related reports; maintains related databases and enters new data
• Schedules room reservations, meetings and records minutes of staff meetings; makes copies of correspondence or other printed materials
• Accesses, inputs and retrieves information from computer. Prepares outgoing mail
• Produces information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying and transmitting text, data and graphics
• Orders and stocks office supplies as necessary; processes purchase
• Processes a variety of documents, forms, and files
• Attends the workplace regularly, reports to work punctually and follows a work schedule to keep up with the demands of the worksite
• Completes all required training and professional development sessions sponsored through Tarrant County College (TCC)
• Supports the values of the College: diversity, teaching excellence, student success, innovation and creativity and service to the College
• Supports the mission, values and 3 goals and 8 principles of the College
The duties listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Required Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
• High school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED) and two (2) years of progressive office experience as a secretary; or any equivalent combination of education, training, certification, and related experience
• Proficient with word processing, spreadsheet and data base software
• Ability to handle a large variety of details and to work with all levels of organization
• Ability to handle extensive confidential data
• Excellent customer service skills and interpersonal skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Experience working with computerized systems
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Special Instructions Summary
This is an on-call position, maximum 19.5 hrs. per week. On-call work schedules may vary based on individual campus/departmental needs.