An incumbent may perform any combination of the below listed accountabilities:
1. Consults with Deans, Department Chairpersons, and faculty related to the creation and implementation of innovative degree programs, including those that feature technology enabled learning, distance education mediums, and multimedia tools and methods.
2. Designs, develops, evaluates, and teaches courses in Delaware Tech’s Instructional Design and Technology Certificate Program.
3. Designs, develops, and delivers technology orientations aimed at promoting learner satisfaction and success.
4. Designs, develops, and delivers professional development programs for faculty via formal workshops, informal interactions, and one-on-one sessions designed to establish, enhance, and expand competency in pedagogy and the use of instructional technology.
5. Manages instructional design and technology projects and their associated Center for Creative Instruction & Technology (CCIT) personnel, budgets, and time lines, as designated and directed by the Director of Instructional Design and Technology.
6. Advises and coaches Delaware Tech educators on pedagogical techniques, strategies, and instructional technology best practices.
7. Participates in collaborative activities with others across the college who provide counsel, recommendations, services and support to individuals using instructional technology or providing instructional technology resources to faculty, staff, and students in support of teaching and learning.
8. Interfaces with instructors in order to understand concerns, explains technology in teaching strategies, and offers creative high-impact techniques and technology enabled teaching solutions.
9. Conducts research for the purpose of identifying trends, technologies, theories, resources, applications, strategies, processes, methodologies, procedures and practices.
10. Fulfills committee responsibilities, attends unit meetings, prepares designated presentations, delivers required reports, and completes other duties as assigned or delegated by the Director of Instructional Design and Technology.
11. Sets and attains challenging goals.
12. Continually supports the Delaware Tech community by adhering to the President’s Characteristics of Excellence.
13. Performs other related duties and special projects as assigned.