An incumbent may perform any combination of the below listed accountabilities:
1. Conducts individual or group sessions to orient job seekers and employers to the services available. Assists with conducting workshops in a variety of work readiness areas such as resume writing, interviewing skills, etc.
2. Conducts individual or group assessments to determine the level of service needs. Identifies job seeker’s employment potential using assessment tools and labor market information.
3. Assists job seekers to develop realistic and achievable employment goals; identifies obstacles/barriers to employment; jointly formulates employability development plans directed at employment outcomes.
4. Refers clients to employers for possible job placement based upon comparison of applicant qualifications to employer job requirements.
5. Develops job placement opportunities through a variety of sources such as: print, Internet, and cold calling. Provides applications and arranges interviews.
6. Monitors job seekers’ progress towards completion of employability development plan and modifies as necessary.
7. Maintains case files, performance records and other documentation. Completes forms and reports and maintains computerized databases.
8. Arranges support services such as child care arrangements,
transportation, work attire, etc.
9. Performs other related duties as required.