Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
The Advertising Research team is a research and analytics group focused on measuring the value and effectiveness of advertising on Facebook. The team develops hypotheses, designs and executes measurement to investigate those hypotheses. The results can often be published to help the advertising industry to improve the effectiveness of their advertising.
We seek an expert in the online advertising ecosystem and causal inference measurement space to help direct this research. This research is instrumental in informing advertisers' strategies on and off Facebook. The ideal candidate will have a background in combining analysis with strategic thinking and business requirements to create cohesive stories and actionable best practices.
- Apply your expertise in research and quantitative analysis and presentation of data to uncover actionable insights about advertising performance.
- Develop and apply novel solutions to measurement problems around causal inference.
- Distill and package multiple research pieces into coherent narratives that will establish industry and internal best practices.
- Provide integrated views across numerous data sources, methodologies and partners.
- Identify methods to leverage Facebook's large internal data sets to validate hypotheses and enhance third party research work with proprietary data.
- Socialize/evangelize research findings generated by Ads Research team to internal and external stakeholders.
- Comfortable voicing opinions and refining cross-functional perspectives.
- PhD Degree in Economics, Statistics, Marketing, Management, Political Science
- 5+ years experience in the academic and research community as well as online advertising
- Experience communicating results and analyses to technical and non-technical audiences through papers and presenting
- Experience in applied statistical analysis and causal inference
- Experience working with structured and unstructured data-sets, statistical software such as R, STATA, SPSS, SAS as well as data extraction tools such as Hive and/or SQL
- Experience with distributed computing (Hive/Hadoop)
- Experience using SQL, Python, or R
- Experience working on quantitative research projects
- Experience working with or in support of diverse communities
- Strong organizational and project management skills
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.