POSITION: Medical Office Assistant
SALARY: Salary Schedule FE (currently $1,186.43 - $1,282.99 commensurate with education)
Adjunct instructors are hired on a semester basis and are paid per lecture hour equivalent
DEADLINE: Continuous – Establishing a Pool
STARTING DATE: TBD
Required Minimum Qualifications: (Applicant must meet one of the following requirements)
• Most current Minimum Qualifications for Faculty in California Community Colleges:
Any bachelor’s degree and two years of professional experience, OR any associate degree and six years of
professional experience (Academic Affairs Division, California Community Colleges)
• Antelope College Equivalency: No Antelope Valley College Equivalency
AND a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of
community college students (Assembly Bill 1725; Education Code 87360).
• 1 year of collegiate teaching experience
• BA/BS in health related field
• Instruct students in the assigned discipline
• Assignment may include teaching courses during the day, evening, and/or off-campus sites
To be considered an applicant for an Adjunct Faculty position in the Antelope Valley Community College District, all
of the following documents must be submitted no later than 6:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 11:30 a.m. on
Friday the deadline date.
Required Application Materials:
1. A completed and signed Antelope Valley College Adjunct Faculty application
3. Transcripts of ALL college work (unofficial or copies accepted to begin file) that supports and substantiates
the requirements of the position. Transcripts must include verification of degrees conferred.
4. Two letters of recommendation related to your professional experience (within one year)
5. California Community College Credential, if held (possession of a CCC credential is not required)
6. For those disciplines with established Academic Senate’s approved equivalency; complete the
Supplemental Equivalency Request form (if applicant is applying based on an equivalency and is
requesting review, a blank form is provided with the application).
Note: Any degree from a country other than the United States, including Canada and Great Britain, must be
evaluated by an evaluation service.