Category: Part Time Non-Benefited Positions
Department: Medical Imaging Program
Locations: Boston, MA
Posted: Jul 11, 2019
Type: PT No Benefits
Ref No.: CLA
About Bunker Hill Community College:
Bunker Hill Community College is a multi-campus institution with vibrant, urban campuses in Boston, Massachusetts, in nearby Chelsea, Massachusetts, and at three satellite locations in the Greater Boston area. Founded in 1973, BHCC is the largest of the 15 community colleges in Massachusetts, serving some 18,000 students annually across all modes of instruction. The College offers certificates and associate degrees, early college and dual enrollment, non-credit community and corporate training, and industry specific training programs. The College is the 8th most diverse higher education institution in the United States, and is a Hispanic and Asian American and Pacific Islander Serving Institution. Approximately 900 International Students attend from 107 countries, speaking 75 languages.
BHCC is a progressive institution guided by five goals: to Foster Student Success, Strengthen Career, Transfer and Workforce Readiness, Advance Diversity, Inclusion and Equity and Develop the College's Infrastructure. The College is committed to a learning community teaching/learning environment and, as an Achieving the Dream institution, is focused on data-driven student success.
LIVING IN BOSTON:
Boston prides itself on being one of the most livable cities in America with twenty-one diverse neighborhoods offering exceptional medical facilities, vibrant neighborhood business districts, museums, galleries and an extensive network of parks and outdoor recreational areas. Unemployment consistently tracks lower than the national average and job growth in 2014 and 2015 were ahead of projections. Eighty-plus colleges and a quarter of a million college students in the area make Boston one of the country's "youngest major metropolis," according to Boston magazine. Suburbs outside of Boston offer affordable housing options with easy access to public transportation.
- Assisting with letters, meeting minutes, surveys, mailings and other related tasks as directed
- Assisting with accreditation documentation as directed by Dept. Chair or Program Directors
- Support Medical Imaging faulty as needed
- Respond to student inquiries, assist in student registration, orientation, and other related duties as requested.
- Attend division and/or department meetings
- General clerical duties
- Two years of full-time or equivalent part-time experience in office administrative work required
- Experience with standard office practices; proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite; Attention to detail; Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Excellent organizational, interpersonal and customer-service skills.
- Proven ability to work in a diverse environment
Salary: 18/hrs week @ $23.00/hr
Closing Date: open until filled
To be considered for this position please upload the following documents to your account:
- Cover Letter
- A Copy of your Unofficial Transcripts
Please be sure to address the Required Qualifications in your documents.
If you need assistance applying through this website please contact our online Help Desk HERE