• Supplements students' understanding and command of course material
• Assists students individually and/or in small groups in developing and applying appropriate learning strategies
• Assists students with organizational skills, time management, and critical thinking in an effort to foster independent learning
• Critique completed student work and suggest resource material as needed
• Become proficient and assist students with utilization of computer resources, academic technology, and departmental software, such as MyMathLab, MSWord, GDP, etc.
• Maintain documentation of tutoring sessions (student records, visit notes, material usage and returns) in order to generate reports
• Maintain a thorough knowledge of the course material, as well as multiple instructional methodologies, to meet various student learning styles
• Work 25 hours per week in a flexible schedule format.
Qualifications: Completion of 6 college level credit hours in the discipline with a GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) in the discipline (or acceptable alternatives). Ability to utilize computer technology to access data, maintain records, generate reports and communicate with others.
Preferred Qualifications: Bachelor’s or Masters Degree in the discipline.
Experience teaching at the college level, or tutoring students in a college setting.
Strong presentation skills, problem solving skills, critical thinking skills. Ability to communicate effectively with diverse populations verbally and in writing.
Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
Ability to work independently Reports To: Dean of Student Success
Fletcher Technical Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer in compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, this Educational Agency upholds the following policy: Fletcher Technical Community College campuses assure equal opportunity for all qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, age, religion, qualified disability, marital status, veteran’s status, political affiliation, sex or sexual orientation in its hiring or employment practices or in admission to its programs, services, or activities, in access to them, in treatment of individuals, or in any aspect of its operations. Each campus welcomes handicapped individuals and has made buildings accessible to them.
Title IX Coordinator: Director of Human Resources (985)448-7929 or (985)448-7930 1407 Highway 311 Schriever, LA 70395 Qualified applicants should submit Resume, Employment Application, and Transcript(s) to: email@example.com or Fletcher Technical Community College Human Resources 1407 Highway 311 Schriever, LA 70395 Application Instructions can also be located at www.fletcher.edu under Employment.