Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide instruction and monitor teaching/learning effectiveness in courses assigned by the Program Director in area in which the instructor has appropriate qualifications
• Ensure instructional quality for the student as assessed by content mastery and competency-based skills
• Participate in the assessment of the PTA program curriculum with the Program Director to ensure the achievement of program goals and outcomes as requested
• Maintain current licensure, level of expertise, and remain current in discipline changes via conferences, continuing competency units (CCUs), course work, journals, etc.
• Ensure course syllabi clearly reflect expectation of the students, including new competencies identified through the systematic program evaluation
• Effective written and oral communication with students on all pertinent student business, such as email or website course requirements, grade determination, testing and other assignments, as well as information regarding other departmental policies.
• Compile, administer, and grade coursework in a timely manner. Inform students of course progression and must be able to develop personalized educational plans to promote student success.
• Maintain security of assigned equipment, classrooms, office, and all other teaching materials
• Maintain HIPPA and FERPA standards
• Provide information and/or date as needed for educational, funding, and/or accrediting agencies
• Follow the procedures related to the Registrar’s Office such as grade reports and deadlines; attendance record reports, withdrawal deadline; class changes; and time/room scheduling
• Follow Laredo College’s course, faculty, and student evaluation procedures
• Follow the proper procedures for requesting textbooks, instructional supplies, expendable supplies, and travel requests.
Submit travel and absence reports within one week
• Substitute for colleagues when necessary
• Prepare, assign and direct the students in library research and/or outside assignments
• Follow the academic calendar as approved by the LC Board of Trustees
• Participate in the Southern Association accreditation activities; implement institutional Effectiveness plan in occupation area; and program accreditation activities as requested
• Perform other duties as assigned
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provide a safe environment for students; encourage students to use available support services; encourage group activities and involvement of classes within Health Sciences as appropriate. Collaborate with support services to ensure information is shared and discussed.
2. Promote the College’s programs and curricula.
Position Reports To PTA Program Director
Must have a minimum of an Associate of Applied Science Degree in Physical Therapist Assistant or Bachelor of Science Degree in Physical Therapy as per the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE).
Minimum of three years of full-time post licensure clinical experience in the teaching field.
Bachelor’s degree if a physical therapist assistant and Master’s degree if a physical therapist.
Minimum of three years of full-time post licensure clinical experience in the teaching field and teaching experience at a community college.
Certificates/Licenses and Skills
Required: Current license to practice as PT or PTA in the State of Texas
Preferred: Current license to practice as a PT or PTA in the State of Texas
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The Faculty will demonstrate:
• Pedagogical competency focused on student learning and engagement
• Use of current technology to enhance teaching effectiveness (use of Microsoft Office is required)
• Professionalism and effective oral and written communication skills with students, colleagues, administrators and the public
• Ability to operate specialized laboratory equipment
• Ability to develop and use various teaching strategies that enhance teaching effectiveness and promote student learning
• Willingness to work flexible schedules, including days, evenings, and weekends as needed
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move items weighing up to SO pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Students in classroom, lab and clinical sites.
Work is performed in a standard office environment. Work-inside a well-lighted and air-conditioned area most of the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Required to work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
Immediate supervisor may assign other duties. May be required to work outside regular working hours, as needed. May be required to work at a different college work site or campus as needed.
In compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Executive Order 11246 and Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Laredo Community College is open to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, or national origin who are otherwise eligible for admission as students. Furthermore, Laredo Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and no applicant or employee will be discriminated against because of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability or national origin. This institution will not enter knowingly into any contractual agreement for services or supplies with any firm failing to follow fair employment practices.
Posting Detail Information
Posting Number PT00148
Number of Vacancies 1
Open Date 05/03/2019
Open Until Filled Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please ensure that you remove/hide all personal information from any attachments that you upload into the system. This includes social security number and date of birth.
Requesting hiring departments will have access to your application and will contact you directly with specific job details should a position become available.