Position TitleCollege Success Seminar Instructor
Academic TermFall/Spring Semesters, based on availability
Course(s)MCC 102 College Success Seminar
LocationMain Campus - Crystal Lake
Instructor of the College Success Seminar (MCC 102) teaches the 3 credit course on enhancing student performance through the mastery of study and reading techniques, as well as exploring the many uses of critical thinking. The instructor collaborates with the Coordinator of the First Year Experience and/or the Dean of Student Development to develop effective college success teaching strategies and other innovative curricula.
- Teach at least one or more sections of 3
section course (depending on availability)
- Prepare syllabi and develop curricula to
meet course and program learning outcomes.
- Post and maintain office hours per week.
- Attend department meetings.
- Participate in the assessment of the course
and program learning outcomes.
- Use technologies effectively to communicate
with students and colleagues.
- Engage in professional development
activities to maintain excellence in the
discipline and in the classroom.
- Assume all other duties as assigned by
A Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
Previous teaching at a college level preferred.
Applications accepted until the position is filled?Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please attach a digital media file or link to a video of recent teaching experience within the last three to five years.