Job Title Clerk P/T (South)
Department Assessment Center
Position Type Part Time
Position Level (Faculty Only)
Salary Range $7.25
Pay Basis Per Hour
Hours Per Week 19
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To assist the Assessment Coordinator South Campus in providing a testing center that meets campus assessment needs as well as those of Laredo and United Independent School Districts. This also includes the surrounding counties (Webb and Zapata) by providing assessment services that include the administration of local, state, and national examinations.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
1. Shares the responsibility with the Assessment Coordinator for “test security” safeguarding test documents and ensuring confidentiality of test results.
2. Respond to Assessment Center inquiries-explain, assist, and advise in matters concerning the numerous tests that are administered at the Assessment Center South.
3. Schedule and register candidates for the various exams administered at the Assessment Center include: Texas Success Initiative Assessment (TSI), Local Spanish, College Level-Examination Program (CLEPj, Automotive Service Excellence (ASE), Post Office Employment Exams (PSI), Texas Commission on Law Enforcement Exam (T-COLE), proctored exams, as well as other related examinations.
4. Will assist coordinator with day-to-day operations including supervision of student work study schedules.
5. Answer phones.
6. File score reports and other testing related materials in a locked and secured location.
7. Will also conduct other duties assigned by the Assessment Center Director and/or Assessment Coordinator South.
Position Reports To Assistant Assessment Coordinator (South)
High school diploma, GED, or equivalent with at least one year of office experience with some knowledge in testing.
Some knowledge in testing.
Certificates/Licenses and Skills
Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Articulate in English and Spanish.
Basic knowledge of computers, networks, web-based software, office software,as well as knowledge of standard office procedures.
Willing to work long hours, weekends, and evenings during certain periods throughout the year.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move items weighing up to 25 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Assessment Center Coordinator
Work is performed in a standard office environment. Work-inside a well-lighted and air conditioned area most of the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Required to work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
Immediate supervisor may assign other duties. May be required to work outside regular working hours, as needed. May be required to work at a different college work site or campus as needed.
In compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Executive Order 11246 and Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Laredo Community College is open to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, or national origin who are otherwise eligible for admission as students. Furthermore, Laredo Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and no applicant or employee will be discriminated against because of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability or national origin. This institution will not enter knowingly into any contractual agreement for services or supplies with any firm failing to follow fair employment practices.
Posting Detail Information
Posting Number PT00069
Number of Vacancies 1
Open Date 04/23/2019
Open Until Filled Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please ensure that you remove/hide all personal information from any attachments that you upload into the system. This includes social security number and date of birth.