PositionKids & College Counselor II (Seasonal)
Employee TypePart-time Temp
Other Work Year SpecificationSummer 2019
Work Week20 - 29 Hours
Bargaining Unit EligibleNo
• Create and organize counselor lesson plans for extra camp activities, getting-to know you lessons, rainy day lunch activities, team building outdoor/indoor lessons.
• Create and organize “wet activities” for Wednesday lunch recess for grades 1-6th
• Create and orgaize 7th-9th grade group acitivity for Wednesday lunch recess
• Provide a safe and positive environment for the participants of the program.
• Work directly with the children by directing and assisting children to classrooms/buildings, to and from lunch each day and acting as a teaching assitant during classroom instruction and supervisor in cafeteria/free time.
• Be a positive role model and mentor for all children.
• Work in cooperative manner with your colleagues.
• Greet participants and parents.
• Always be cordial and professional.
Notify instructors and/or Kids & College management staff of any problems that may arise.
Be familiar with and follow the guidelines set forth in the counselor manual/training, Kids & College brochure and parent paperwork.
Help market the program and assist in classroom demonstrations prior to the start of camp
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
• Organize and oversee camper activities outside of classroom instruction.
• Report to program ontime.
• Oversee particular group of students assigned to for the week.
• Responsible to follow guidelines and protocol in counselor training manual and covered in program training.
QualificationsHigh School graduate or equivalent
Must have worked in camp/program setting for 2 plus years and have held a leadership position in high school and/or college.
•Strong people skills
•Strong interest in pursuing degree in education or management leadership skills
•Pursuing degree in education and/or management
Employment ContingenciesCriminal Background Check
Applications may be accepted until the position is filledYes
Application Review Begins05/09/2019
Testing RequirementsNo testing required