Duties & Responsibilities
As a member of the Doctoral Programs team, the Admissions and Program Coordinator is responsible for supporting prospective students through the admissions process and encouraging current scholars to develop an engaging and rich community. The Doctoral Programs Office is small, agile, and dynamic, requiring each team member to wear multiple hats to manage everything from admissions to graduation. Reporting to one of the two Associate Directors, the Coordinator will work closely with each team member to fulfill the mission of training scholars who make a difference in the world through rigorous academic research that influences practice. In addition, the Coordinator will be the primary point of contact on the Program for Research in Markets and Organizations (PRIMO) – a ten week summer program for undergraduates to research with HBS faculty members.
In this role you will have the opportunity to strengthen and expand your presentation, event management and customer service skill set, while immersing yourself in a rewarding and engaging professional experience.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Lead on campus information sessions.
• Organize and manage schedule and logistics of Admitted Students Program, an annual yield event.
• Update admissions analyses and reports on an annual basis
• Maintain and monitor the admissions email account and phone line. Respond to prospective student questions, requests, and concerns.
• Potential of travel to recruiting events; likely no more than two trips a year.
• Support special projects as needed.
• Manage all aspects of the PRIMO programs, including marketing the program, managing the website and application, and supporting potential fellows through the application process.
• Read all PRIMO applications, oversee the evaluation process, interview and assist in matching fellows with faculty.
• Liaise with the Office of Undergraduate Research and Fellowships, as PRIMO is part of the Summer Residential Research Programs coordinated from this office.
• Act as the primary point of contact for all PRIMO Fellows – working closely with Associate Director to develop programming and training activities for the fellows.
• Manage all events, including major get together and award ceremonies at the beginning and end of the year.
• Liaise with catering, operations, media services and other HBS and external vendors as necessary.
• Support the team in all-hands-on deck activities, such as orientation, admit day, and commencement.
• Track individual event expenses, working with Associate Directors, to meet budget for each.
• Point of contact for receiving requests to utilize the program community fund from students and faculty; manage approval process, reimbursement, and track expenses for overall fund.
• Maintain job market website, marketing individual students looking for academic positions.
• Support reunions and alumni events; reunion every 5 years on campus and annual alumni events at key academic conferences.
• Manage the delivery and
collection of end of year surveys from each program.
• Deliver monthly newsletter to students across all 8 programs.
• Manage student job posting listserv.
• Maintain dashboard of key metrics for all 8 programs.
Some evening and weekend hours are required in order to attend student events/meetings; ability to travel a plus.