This position is primarily a back of the house position, responsible for processing gifts and payments, donor acknowledgements, varied financial reports, and updating and maintaining the database used by the Foundation Office. As the keeper of the data, this position has significant responsibilities in the areas of data and gift entry to ensure that all cash gifts, stock donations, and pledges are accurately recorded in the database and reconciled with the Financial Services Department.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Coordinate all duties relative to processing, recording, and acknowledging gifts and payments:
o Data entry for gifts and pledges. o Produce tax receipts and acknowledgements.
o Maintains the accuracy and integrity of donor information.
o Documents and updates database policies and procedures on an ongoing basis.
o Work with Financial Services staff to ensure reconciliation of gifts and pledges
Coordinate communication between the Foundation, and Financial Services, including the following responsibilities:
o Analyze financial data and research donations and other variables to balance financial transactions, make adjusting entries, etc., and recommend courses of action as appropriate.
o Make identified corrections within foundation operations in coordination with Financial Services staff. o Annually work with the auditors for the audit of the Foundation in coordination with Financial Services staff.
Manage the donor-related data needs of College Advancement:
o Initiates and manages projects to improve utilization of the database.
o Generates reports and queries to support fundraising efforts and analyze the effectiveness of appeals.
Lead the College Advancements functional support and provide technical expertise and leadership for Raiser’s Edge and other donor/customer relationship management software packages.
o Train and provides technical support to staff to help them be independent Raiser’s Edge users.
o Manages users, monitors security, runs regular data integrity checks, and works with Blackboard to apply updates as needed.
o Lead the implementation of identified modules within Raiser’s Edge to more fully utilize software functionality, and to increase data storage, retrieval, and reporting efficiencies.
Coordinate all prospect research identification for major and annual gift donors:
o Monitors prospect cultivation process and prepares progress reports.
o Performs prospect research using Research Point and other search vehicles.
Regular attendance during normal - Proven competencies in software applications and programs, particularly Raiser’s Edge or other fundraising databases, Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, Power Point, and GroupWise. Excellent word processing and file management skills.
- Strong background in accounting to be able to effectively work with Financial Services.
- Good working knowledge of office equipment and procedures including computers, photocopiers, printers, fax machines, mailing equipment, telephone systems, filing systems, etc.
- Must possess personal tact, discretion and good judgment. Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Team player, willing to step in when needed, flexibility to work longer hours during busy times (both before and after regular business hours)
- High energy level with enthusiasm and interest in helping and supporting staff, students and general public in a demanding work environment
- Ability to work under pressure. Possess mature judgment, flexibility in regards to interruptions and ability to handle difficult situations
- Demonstrate initiative and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to perform routine and unexpected duties with minimal supervision
Physical Demands: - Requires long periods of sitting, inputting information into a computer
- Effectively serve in a customer service office environment
- Reading, math calculating, writing, listening, speaking and answering the phone or other physical demands of the position
- Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs., bend, twist, and ambulate around campus Working Conditions:
- Ability to work independently and with groups
- Ability to work in a fast paced, indoor office environment - May require occasional evening hours
- Some travel may be required to participate in professional organizations and conferences
Method of Application: Grand Rapids Community College is only accepting online applications for this position.
Please apply at our website at https://www.grcc.edu/jobs Submit a cover letter and resume in one document. This posting will remain open until filled. Review of applications will begin on April 30, 2019. Individuals with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Grand Rapids Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Grand Rapids Community College creates an inclusive learning and working environment that recognizes the value and dignity of each person. It is the policy and practice of GRCC to provide equal educational and employment opportunities regardless of age, race, color, religion, marital status, sex/gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, height, weight, national origin, disability, political affiliation, familial status, veteran status or genetics in all programs, activities, services, employment and advancement including admissions to, access to, treatment in, or compensation in employment as required by state and federal law. GRCC is committed to reviewing all aspects of GRCC programs, activities, services and employment, including recruitment, selection, retention and promotion to identify and eliminate barriers in order to prevent discrimination on the basis of the listed protected characteristics. The college will not tolerate any form of retaliation against any person for bringing charges of discrimination or participating in an investigation. Further information may be obtained from the EEO Office or the Office of General Counsel, 143 Bostwick Avenue NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49503-3295.