Math Instructor (FT)
Full Job Description
As a Math Instructor, you will be expected to:
- Instruct small “core” groups of students in their mathcore skills to promote long-term understanding of topics and top scores in their college readiness exams (ACT & SAT).
- Track your student’s progress as they move through Vanguard’s unique multi-phase curriculum, engaging students in individualized growth and improvement opportunities along the way.
- Model professionalism and strong organizational skills by replying to students in a timely manner, maintaining and updating student lesson schedules on our online platform, and holding students accountable for assignments.
- Spearhead the development and creative execution of ever-evolving lesson plans and curriculum.
- Mentor middle and high school students with empathy and an innate understanding that the college application process is becoming increasingly competitive and stressful.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in mathematics, education, or related STEM field (Master’s or higher preferred).
- Teaching experience in math and/or experience working in a college-level tutoring center (1+ years).
- GPA of 3.5 or higher.
- Proficiency in MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, and G-Suites.
- Access to a reliable internet connection and a workspace with minimal noise/distraction.
- Experience teaching at the college or community college level.
- Robust understanding of classroom pedagogy, and the ability to create customized, engaging lesson plans that use practical, real-world examples to inspire a love for learning.
- Desire to help students recognize, reach for, and realize their fullest potential.
- A dynamic and outgoing personality.
- The ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Mastery of SAT and ACT Math, especially the following subjects:
- Algebra I & II.
- Paid training and comprehensive preparation.
- A distinctive and individualized approach to test prep with a strong track record of producing top-tier students and nationally-ranked test scores.
- Opportunity to work with our distinctly engaged, enthusiastic, and driven client base of students energized by Vanguard’s commitment to the highest-quality client experience.
- An elite team of instructors, counselors, and specialists from Ivy League and top universities across the nation who are passionate about fostering student success.
- Quickly growing start-up environment that emphasizes creativity, collaboration, and leadership, with opportunities for long-term career growth.
- Competitive compensation structure (dependent on experience) with benefits.
- Starting Pay: $18.00 – $23.00 per hour depending on education, experience, and skill.
- A comprehensive benefits package includes dental, vision, and health insurance, as well as paid time off, sick days, and paid winter vacations.
About Vanguard College Prep:
Vanguard is a college prep institution that prepares middle and high school students for standardized tests such as the ACT and SAT. We are revolutionizing the test prep process making it enjoyable and usable! We want our students to be 110% prepared for the rigorous college admissions process. We know students are more than just a test score, that is why we help them with learning the basic skills and core foundations of each subject.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*